Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update: this event has been cancelled (CivCon '09: Make Your Reservation Today)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure anyone would want to go back in time to the last 'PolyCon.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
      I'm on vacation in Denmark during that entire period so I can't make it to the USA.

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
      I'm willing to give it a shot. Course said that the last time and didn't make it. But I will try.

Originally posted by MMC
      I'd go, if someone provided me with a plane ticket, hotel room, and a TARDIS:

I didn't catch that, and nobody else did until now (or, at least, pointed it out). Fixed!

Originally posted by DrSpike
      Not sure anyone would want to go back in time to the last 'PolyCon.
      I would -- I enjoyed it, and I'm certain others who attended anyway would as well. Was it perfect? No, but then again nothing ever is. Were lessons learned? Of course... for one thing, it was the first time any such event for Civ had been held.

Our hope is that these lessons will help make CivCon '09 better than it would have been without that experience.
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I'll put this on my calendar and will be there.

Dan, want a ride?
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
          Come, CS.

Maybe, you, me, and Capo can do a diplogaming breakout session.

Maybe CapTVK will show up again?
          I might come, I might come with Pinchak actually.

What is the alcohol situation at these things?

And didn't you do a "Diplogame breakout session" last year, and we didn't really get anymore people? We gotta bring the fun to the Diplogame man!

...the... fun....

"Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Last time I had a problem with a daughter being born and all... this time should be okay.

Maybe.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
              I'll put this on my calendar and will be there.

Dan, want a ride?

Originally posted by The Capo
              What is the alcohol situation at these things?
              It hasn't been discussed in detail by the Committee yet, but it is most likely come to be comparable to the alcohol provisions of ApolyCon '06. In brief, no alcohol was provided by the event to registrants. Further from the registration policy from that event:

The Attendee agrees to abide by all laws and regulations of the United States, the state of Maryland and local and site authorities regarding the purchase, transport and consumption of alcoholic beverages. If the Attendee is under 21 years of age he or she agrees not to purchase, attempt to purchase, transport, or consume any alcoholic beverage during the course of the convention.

In addition, all Attendees agree not to provide any alcoholic beverages to any person or persons under the age of 21 during the course of the convention. All Attendees agree not to contravene the relevant laws regarding the consumption of alcoholic beverages in public places, the operation of a motor vehicle while intoxicated or public drunkenness. Attendees are reminded that intoxication is not an excuse for bad behavior, thus they must maintain respectful and responsible behavior at all times when dealing with hotel staff, featured guests, Committee members, volunteers or other Attendees. Attendees are reminded that they can and will be ejected from the Convention for violation of any of the above clauses, or at the discretion of a Committee member.
              And didn't you do a "Diplogame breakout session" last year
              Are you referring to ApolyCon '06, or in fact something else that was held in '07?

Originally posted by Theben
              Last time I had a problem [attending] with a daughter being born and all...
              Quite understandable. (And edited for clarity. )
              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I basically was just trying to figure out if I will be able to order alcohol and walk around with it. But thanks for the law class.
                "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

I basically was just trying to figure out if I will be able to order alcohol and walk around with it. But thanks for the law class.
                  Ah. I gave you more than you needed then, yes, now that I know... but was glad to be thorough.

Comment

I'll probably go to it, how much does it cost? What are the benefits of going? What are the hotel rates? (cuz I'm probably gonna have to drink)

Comment

Wrong login perhaps?
                      I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Thanks for everyone sharing your interest! It sounds like it's going to be a great event. You know, no matter how well we plan this, the real experience comes from the attendees. The more of us that can attend, the more fun we will have.

Also, you can look forward to a rough agenda in the very near future. By rough, I mean a brief outline of starting times and highlights.
                        In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimandua
                          Also, you can look forward to a rough agenda in the very near future. By rough, I mean a brief outline of starting times and highlights.

Comment

how the heck can i get to this?? i would really like to go but im broke
                            ModCastNewest Episode!
                            Beyond the Sword: Road to War Art Development

Second Revolution 3.0 Creator

Comment

Originally posted by GarretSidzaka
                              how the heck can i get to this?? i would really like to go but im broke

Can you afford to set aside some amount of money each month starting now?

Comment

naw if im able to save it has to be for my SCA events that i have obligations to my warriors. i have an event in febuary and in july

hmmm i will have to figure something out. hmmm

how much is a ticket from AZ to MA?
                                ModCastNewest Episode!
                                Beyond the Sword: Road to War Art Development

Second Revolution 3.0 Creator

Comment

Working...
                                X