Suggest Topics for PolyCast or ModCast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrSpike
    Maybe the modders should discuss how they would (hypothetically) emulate Col functionality within Civ4.
    Sorry, missed this one before. I think that would be quite a boring discussion: the nitty-gritty details of what XML entries to add and what those Python for loops would look like makes for very tedious audio. As we've stated from the start, we don't intend to be a how-to show exactly because of this, our main goal is to showcase existing (and upcoming) mods.

After Civ4: Col was announced we did invite Dale to talk about his Age of Discovery mod (see episode 12), which is basically a Colonization mod for Civ4. But unfortunately Dale is so prolific we spent a lot of our time discussion other things. We could look into other Col-like mods to showcase over the coming shows though, provided there are any other good ones out there (I'm not sure whether that's the case). And of course, after Civ4: Col is released we'll pay plenty of attention to mods made for it as well, so we'll have plenty of coverage of the game down the road

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Originally posted by Murg
    I would like to hear a discussioon on when Locutus will provide a Python Class Reference for BtS, since I just about live on his Warlords one.
    Gah, I hate it that people have to keep bringing that up I put it on my to-do list after the 3.17 patch was released as that's presumably the final patch. But that's a long, long list so I can't give any promises on when I'll get around to it; hopefully before the end of the summer.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

The Assimilation mod (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=281289) may be a good topic. Its a decent subject for the code corner since it allow for a signifcant change to the game (presented as a game option) for a minimal amount of code.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
        Whether masses of catapults is an anti stack solution that is elegant enough to make it into CiV. Other possible solutions could be discussed...my favorite being stacking limits perhaps ala the wargames? That tends to spread units out into fronts when there are enough of them in more modern times such as WWI & II. In ancient times when there aren't so many units several small stacks would resemble Napoleonic armies operating without fronts.

Much more historical.
        We'll add this to the queue.

Perhaps the closest topic we have gotten to it on the show to date is in Episode 24 on what sized army is big enough in CivIV (a Vaulted segment from the previous show).

Should take a cencus of Poly console players who have or are willing to get SidRev to have a discussion. I recenty watched a commercial on the TV about SidRev and it looked very interesting. The videos of the action were well done. I'm not going to run out and get a PS3 for it but it would be nice to get some players experience.
        We have something along this line coming soon, but not as formal or focused as you're getting at. CivRev will be covered on PC post-release as it was pre-release, but there are more considerations involved and most end results remain to be seen (or heard ).
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by Murg
          The Assimilation mod (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=281289) may be a good topic. Its a decent subject for the code corner since it allow for a signifcant change to the game (presented as a game option) for a minimal amount of code.
          Discussed it in today's recording. Cool mod
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Hey, here is a good topic.

Why don't you do an entire Polycast on how poorly designed and maintained this website is?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinchak View Post
              Hey, here is a good topic.

Why don't you do an entire Polycast on how poorly designed and maintained this website is?
              This is not an appropriate thread to discuss such matters; for maintenance issues, see this thread and for design this thread currently respectively.

At the same time, if you have such criticisms, kindly express them constructively or not at all.
              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Sorry, I wrote that in a fit of disgust.

I really like the community here, but I have to be honest, the mechanics of this site are a real turn off... and I'm not necessarily referring to just new issues that have come about as a result of the recent facelift.

Comment

Last-Minute Topic Suggestion

Hi guys!

Thoroughly enjoyed Episode 116, and looking forward to today’s thrilling adventure into wack punnery, lively banter, and expert analysis of all things Civ.

I regretfully admit this post is arriving just under the wire, but if your panel needs a throwaway topic, I’d like to hear your take on the paltry lack of resource variety, and whether or not you might agree that re-including those found in Civ #4 might add a bit more flavor to the game. Granted, corporations no longer exist, however, and especially on huge maps, the inclusion of a larger palate of food, luxury, and strategic tiles might accidentally be a good thing.

At any rate, given time constraints, I’ll simply leave it at that, for now. Catch ya on the ‘Cast!

Civilly,
                  Bamm

Comment

Re: Last-Minute Topic Suggestion

Thanks for the suggestion, BammBamm , as well as your kind words about and encouragement for the show!

As you're already aware , we answered your inquiry on Episode 117 recorded earlier this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                    X