No announcement yet.

Suggest Topics for PolyCast or ModCast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a segment where you follow the upcoming BTS Democracy game. It would have to be done many turns behind the actual play so as not to reveal strategy. There could be screenshots on an associated thread in the CivIV forum to help people follow along with the game as it was. Interviews with the players...
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by KMadeleine I do not plan to provide any picture evidence about whether i'm pretty or not. if Polycast was a webcast i wouldn't have agreed to do it. we tape it pretty early most weeks; sometimes i'm sitting in boring, 100% non-sexy pajamas! i certainly hope this does not crush your hopes and dreams and discourage you from listening at all. i also hope this doesn't encourage you to hunt me down and shoot me with bullets.
      Dont worry, Im a horrible shot.

Comment

Get a discussion going on how to kill a site's forums and interview yourselves.

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
            Get a discussion going on how to kill a site's forums and interview yourselves.
            By talking about you?
            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Some of the suggestions in this thread can be found in Episode 38 of PolyCast released this past Friday. We're looking to include more still in future editions.

Originally posted by Lancer
              Have a segment where you follow the upcoming BTS Democracy game. It would have to be done many turns behind the actual play so as not to reveal strategy. There could be screenshots on an associated thread in the CivIV forum to help people follow along with the game as it was. Interviews with the players...
              An idea that we already share for the most part.

We had something planned towards this for the latest episode now released, but the party that was to appear for its recording unfortunately did not for reasons still unknown. There is a direct mention of it in the episode otherwise in the form of a brief monologue by myself, but we're wanting to re-arrange either the original plan or something comparable. If and when we can do so, hopefully it will materialize.
              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

added some off you, Murg
                ModCastNewest Episode!
                Beyond the Sword: Road to War Art Development

Second Revolution 3.0 Creator

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                  Some of the suggestions in this thread can be found in Episode 38 of PolyCast released this past Friday. We're looking to include more still in future editions.

An idea that we already share for the most part.

We had something planned towards this for the latest episode now released, but the party that was to appear for its recording unfortunately did not for reasons still unknown. There is a direct mention of it in the episode otherwise in the form of a brief monologue by myself, but we're wanting to re-arrange either the original plan or something comparable. If and when we can do so, hopefully it will materialize.
                  Very cool, looking forward to it.

Comment

Do a new show, a third show called 'The People's Hour'. Chat with Apolytoners about their lives, dreams, nightmares and outrageous false gossip about anything Apolyton. Mix up the hosts and co-hosts constantly. You want to be a host, be a host! Let people talk about anything not obsene. Doesn't really need a schedule DQ. If you need time off from PolyCast to come to the Phils and meet a nice girl you have a couple 'People' shows to fill in for vacation time. If someone wants to call you, me or anyone names, let them! Get the copulation of ideas going that made Poly a hit in the first place.

Nah, dumb idea, nevermind.

Comment

I know I already recommended Planetfall for coverage on the ModCast. I'd also recommend the Dragonia II mod and the Warhammer mod. Especially if their creators were willing to come on the show and talk about their products.

Comment

Originally posted by Murg
                        For Polycast I would recommend:

1. Civ specific strategy talk
                        Assuming no random leaders as introduced by Beyond the Sword I take it?

Hence the move to put out a simplified (what does Barry like to say, "streamlined") version of Civ for the console market. Pull new players ino the fold, give them a chance to get their feet wet and then push into a more complex Civ5.
                        I concur, though I would use the word streamlined and not simplified as well.

Comment

I prefer BabyCiv.

Comment

Suggestion for the next Modcast:

[BTS] CIV Gold 4.0

Download: http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=67567
                            Forum: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217

Our project leader Wyz_sub10 would like to appear as co-host. Could you provide some instructions on how he can get in touch? (he does not have an Apolyton account)

Topics about CIV Gold:

1. A trip down memory lane: how Kenny started his CCCP-project which culminated in modular loading in BTS and how CIV Gold 4.0 is the end of that road/lane...

2. Name 5 civs from CIV Gold which deserve to be in the CIV game and which of the civs Wouter thinks definitely don't deserve it...

3. What Elhoim thinks about the added Gran Columbia/Bolivarian Nations and if the CIV Gold team got it right...

4. Garretsidzaka's opinion on the new leaderheads. Which of them is the "sweetest"...

I hope you guys forgive me for plugging this project of which I am a part, but CIV Gold has always been a community effort and seem to fit the idea behind the Modcast well.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ
                              ... something about ICS and why it is so handicapped in Civ 4, the realism of ICS, and ICS for Civ 5?
                              Pardon the delayed reply here, but I believe the topic of ICS was discussed specifically during PolyCast's first season. If I come across it, I'll reference in follow-up.

Comment

Civ4 Gold is a great mod to cover. That would be an excellent conversation to listen to. As perviously stated though please have the hosts play the mod first so that can talk intellegently about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X