Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interview with Sid - Hints on possible MMO, new games and........Civ5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with Sid - Hints on possible MMO, new games and........Civ5?

Sid interview

GamersGlobal has done a six page interview with Sid. Some interesting bits there... Especially this:

GamersGlobal: You’ve mentioned MMO games as a new genre. You have invented several genres or sub genres yourself, for example submarine simulations with Silent Service, or the Civilization type of games. So what do you think about MMOs?

Sid Meier: I think someday I would like to try a game in that genre. It really benefits from creativity and new ideas, but we’re still in the very early stages of exploring the possibilities of it. I certainly would like to play around with a MMO concept in the future.

GamersGlobal: But while nearly all of your games have been emphasizing the solo mode, and your games were mostly easy to use but hard to master, MMOs are something entirely different. Graphics and specific rules aside, they seem to be more about the interactions and relations between players. Does this suit your way of creating games?

Sid Meier: There’s definitely a difference in MMO games, and that’s part of the interest for me: to try something a little different. But our games certainly have focused on the singleplayer side, although we try to make Civilization Revolution into a very playable multiplayer game, too. I enjoy the idea of doing something I haven’t done before, so a MMO would fit perfectly, but I really can’t say if that would be the next game we do or if it’s still a couple of games down the road before we come to that. Because I have new single player games I want to do, as well.

And then this:

GamersGlobal: Last question, what about Civilization 5 ?

Sid Meier: We should talk again sometime later this year...

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Last edited by ZEE; December 31, 2010, 14:13.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Go SID!

Keep on Civin'
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Are the two really necessary? You really think Civilization five was not to be expected?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Is your post really necessary? You really think enthusiasm for a new Civ game on a Civ fansite was not to be expected?
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

It better have one of the following: Stacked combat, Public Works, or City radius expansion/No citizen Micromanagement.
              "

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                Is your post really necessary? You really think enthusiasm for a new Civ game on a Civ fansite was not to be expected?
                Do you not comprehend the difference between enthusiasm ( ) and surprise ( )?

If you're going to go toe to toe with me, LOCUTUS OF BORG, then do it right.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
                  It better have one of the following: Stacked combat, Public Works, or City radius expansion/No citizen Micromanagement.
                  Just one?
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Q2-Q4 2009 release date, I reckon.
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Anyway this should be in the OG forum
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 31, 2010, 14:13.
                        Order of the Fly
                        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I'd be happier if they'd finish Civ4 first.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                              That's the most ridiculous comment I've heard all year!

Comment

Working...
                              X