No announcement yet.

PolyCast Christmas Special 2007: "Girls Playing Civ"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to complain about the intro before the show started though- I thought something was wrong with my speakers or the show was unsynced or that something was definitely wrong- It's sort of a common problem, a few of the other intros are just as disjointed. Just a small comment.

I frankly think this was the most interesting polycast I've yet heard. (Though I admittedly have only listened to around 5. )

It was entertaining and interesting to listen to (especially since there wasn't continuous laughter- sorry Dan and Snotty(?), etc. the laughter doesn't translate too well- at least as far as I hear, especially when it's really loud and sort of chortled- I'm a very picky person though, but when I broadcasted a radio show in college, laughing on the air was always considered a faux pas since it did not always translate too well. (I was with the station for three years, doing a 2-hour show once a week, sometimes filling in for other shows).

Other than that, very well produced episode with the music, dan.
    Last edited by DarkCloud; January 9, 2008, 03:42.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11
      LOL - You girls are wonderful ! A shining hope for all of us nerds...

Originally posted by Dale
      Awesome episode! Well done!

Now we need "Dogs that play Civ!"

Originally posted by DarkCloud
      I'd have to complain about the intro before the show started though- I thought something was wrong with my speakers or the show was unsynced or that something was definitely wrong- It's sort of a common problem, a few of the other intros are just as disjointed. Just a small comment.
      -- it's unfortunate you feel that way as I quite like it as I find it fitting as with almost all episode 'starts' from the first season. We're all entitled to our opinion though.

I frankly think this was the most interesting polycast I've yet heard. (Though I admittedly have only listened to around 5. )

It was entertaining and interesting to listen to

(especially since there wasn't continuous laughter- sorry Dan and Snotty(?), etc. the laughter doesn't translate too well- at least as far as I hear, especially when it's really loud and sort of chortled- I'm a very picky person though, but when I broadcasted a radio show in college, laughing on the air was always considered a faux pas since it did not always translate too well. (I was with the station for three years, doing a 2-hour show once a week, sometimes filling in for other shows).
      Podcasting isn't the same as radio, and I believe that laughter can translate well (even on radio). Whether one succeeds is, again, a personal opinion though. I believe that most of the time on PolyCast, it does work. Can never please everyone all the time, of course...

Other than that, very well produced episode with the music, dan.
      Thanks.
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I agree-- I thought the same thing. In fact, I restarted it once, just to make sure I hadn't accidentally fast-forwarded.

So when is the next Podcast coming out, anyway?
        "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Originally posted by jkp1187
          I agree-- I thought the same thing. In fact, I restarted it once, just to make sure I hadn't accidentally fast-forwarded.
          I still don't understand where the 'out of sync' comment is coming from or why you thought something was wrong with your speakers, but anyway...

So when is the next Podcast coming out, anyway?
          Check any number of recent PolyCast news items.
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Not so much something wrong with my speakers or system; I thought that I had somehow downloaded only part of the MP3 file and had started playing in the middle of the episode. Then I let it play for a little bit and saw that it was just a teaser.

It was confusing for like 30 seconds, then I figured it out. Not a big deal, just, you know, sharing my feelings.
            "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Originally posted by jkp1187
              Not so much something wrong with my speakers or system; I thought that I had somehow downloaded only part of the MP3 file and had started playing in the middle of the episode. Then I let it play for a little bit and saw that it was just a teaser. It was confusing for like 30 seconds, then I figured it out.
              Ahhh -- you had cited DC's comments so I thought you were getting at that as well. I appreciate the clarification.

Comment

Actually Dan, I think jkp1187 and I had the same issue- maybe you misunderstood what I was saying, jkp1187 said it a lot better than I did. The intro was a bit confusing- but as he stated, after I listened for about a minute, it made sense.
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Actually Dan, I think jkp1187 and I had the same issue- maybe you misunderstood what I was saying, jkp1187 said it a lot better than I did. The intro was a bit confusing- but as he stated, after I listened for about a minute, it made sense.
                  Ahhh, gotcha.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                    I knew I should've supplied you girls with a few female leaders to contemplate Some you didn't mention:

- Cleopatra of Egypt
                    - Dido of Carthage
                    - Jeanne d'Arc of France
                    - Margrete of the Vikings
                    - Wilhelmina of the Dutch
                    - Semiramis of Assyria
                    - Candace of Nubia
                    - Zenobia of the Arabs
                    - Roxelana of the Ottomans

-Tarja Halonen of the Finns
                    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

More than a year after the release of this production, its "Cut!" segment is now available in partial lead-up to the start of PolyCast's third season later this month.

Comment

Working...
                      X