PolyCast Christmas Special 2007: "Girls Playing Civ"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterDave
    ... this was the first podcast I listened to.
    Spoiled from the outset then...

I am also a regular multiplayer participant in RAH's Saturday games. Makhalua has occasionally graced us with her presence at some of those games, so I wanted to hear what she and the other ladies had to say.
    Ahhhh.

It was quite entertaining,

I liked the Civ music interludes dividing the topics, it gave the podcast sort of a polished NPR sort of feel.
    As the show's editor, thanks.

I hope you will continue to listen as the second season starts next month and perhaps by also going through our show archive of 30+ episodes... at least in part.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Thanks for the invitation, DanQ.

Your editing was really great!

If you need someone to fill in for podcasts, let me know the subject. I'm more likely to as a zillion questions than to give data, but I found the session good fun and well finished.

Many thanks,
      Gloria/condor223/Nolan

Comment

Originally posted by condor223
        Thanks for the invitation, DanQ.
        You're welcome, Gloria. Thank you for your participation!

Your editing was really great!

If you need someone to fill in for podcasts, let me know the subject.
        Certainly.

I'm more likely to as a zillion questions than to give data, but I found the session good fun and well finished.
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Girls doing the podcast certainly got my attention. I must admit I don't name all my cities after candy, but it was refreshing to say the least.

I'm not surprised that women play really. My best friend's wife got me hooked on Civ in the early 90s.
          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
            Girls doing the podcast certainly got my attention.

I must admit I don't name all my cities after candy, but it was refreshing to say the least.

I'm not surprised that women play really. My best friend's wife got me hooked on Civ in the early 90s.

Comment

Wow! The hand is as big as the face!

There are a lot more female posters than people think. They just hide the fact they're female. I know several in our HOF that are female, but everyone believes them to be male and they do nothing to change that belief. I can understand why, as players treat them the same as any other player and respect them on their playing ability instead.
              Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

Shut up now both of you before you discover several important secret identities present here
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                  Shut up now both of you before you discover several important secret identities present here
                  Whoops, I had a double post -- fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Don't worry Nugog I won't reveal that you're a young hot single lady
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Comment

LOL - You girls are wonderful ! A shining hope for all of us nerds...

Comment

Awesome episode! Well done!

Now we need "Dogs that play Civ!"

Comment

Hmm... not certain which host was speaking about 2D being far superior to 3D, but I'd definitely have to second that. I have difficulty concentrating with Civ III... which is part of the reason I didn't purchase Civ IV! Civ II is in my mind, the best civ iteration!
                                -->Visit CGN!
                                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                                X