PolyCast Episode 20: "You Must Whip It"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Hey, I was just listening rather nonchalantly, and lo and behold, I'm mentioned in the Polycast! How cool is that?

The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander I
        Hey, I was just listening rather nonchalantly, and lo and behold, I'm mentioned in the Polycast! How cool is that?

I was mentioned in one of the first
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

You're both welcome.
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Am I mentioned in any of the podcasts, so that I don't have to listen to them all to find out?
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

When I think of it, I probably haven't done anything noteworthy enough to warrant a mention, except the List for Civ4.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                Am I mentioned in any of the podcasts...
                Not that I can recall -- not yet, anyway.

so that I don't have to listen to them all to find out?

You don't know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                  When I think of it, I probably haven't done anything noteworthy enough to warrant a mention, except the List for Civ4.
                  I've actually been mentioned in 2 PolyCasts

Although I still haven't been mentioned for letting Dan win for the first time

Comment

Originally posted by Will9
                    I've actually been mentioned in 2 PolyCasts

Although I still haven't been mentioned for letting Dan win for the first time
                    IIRC a piece was recorded on that MOD but was cut due to time constraints. Though strange as it may sound , I have won before.

(For those not sure what we're talking about, see http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...65#post4958265 and http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...05#post4958405).

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                      You're both welcome.
                      Thank you, DanQ.

The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

IIRC a piece was recorded on that MOD but was cut due to time constraints.
                        When could we expect to here it in the cut side-series

Though strange as it may sound , I have won before.

Comment

Originally posted by Will9
                          When could we expect to here it in the cut side-series
                          Hmmm. I went back and went through the "Cut" editions for both Episodes 18 and 19 and there is no mention of it actually. I guess it wasn't discussed then because Imran was not present, and when it came time for next episode, the comments on 17 were not being discussed anymore. I'm sure this can be addressed in a future episode though.

As for when those "Cut" editions will be released (and the one for this episode too while we're at it), they appear on a quite distant/preliminary schedule at the moment.

You mentioned me being away to win "for the first time" with your MOD, so I corrected you on that point.

Comment

Btw, Dan, I read the CFC thread on the Polycast and tell the guy there that I play on Noble, not Warlord
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              Btw, Dan, I read the CFC thread on the Polycast and tell the guy there that I play on Noble, not Warlord
                              Ah -- just the level I've upgraded myself to.

I can do you that favour:

The twentieth episode of PolyCast, entitled "You Must Whip It", has been released (http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=168114). Topics are: NEWS - Civilization is returning to the console platform in the form of Revolution - All Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword's historical...

Comment

Ah -- just the level I've upgraded myself to.

I guess I played EU3 to long because now Dan of all people plays on the same level as me.

I was so close to moving on to Prince although Prince was to hard and Noble was to easy so I started playing EU3. When that annoying peace AI started to annoy me once again (about 2 months later) I went back to civ and I was having trouble on Noble. Luckily I am finaly doing good again and I won't have to drop a level when BTS comes

Comment

Working...
                                X