PolyCast Episode 20: "You Must Whip It"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Episode 20: "You Must Whip It"

Three consecutive weeks of new PolyCast episodes concludes this week with the show's twentieth installment, "You Must Whip It". 'News', 'Modcast', 'Senate' and 'Mailbag' segments along with obligatory banter constitute this outing.

First time guest co-host and series transcriber Ian "AAHZ" Hodges completes the panel with regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Wouter "Locutus" Snijders and Makahlua and Imran "Imran Siddiqui" Siddiqui. Total runtime is 59m:53s (28.7MB).

PolyCast is the official bi-weekly, one-hour podcast of Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS) in an effort to give the Civ community now an interactive voice. ACS is the first and to date only known Civ fansite to produce its own podcast.
    1 (atrocious)
    0.00%
    2 (dismal)
    0.00%
    3 (poor)
    0.00%
    4 (medicore)
    0.00%
    5 (average)
    0.00%
    6 (good)
    0.00%
    7 (very good)
    20.00%
    8 (excellent)
    40.00%
    9 (superior)
    20.00%
    10 (perfect)
    20.00%
    Last edited by DanQ; July 14, 2007, 10:48.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

NEWS (03m47s)
    Civilization is returning to the console platform in the form of Revolution; all Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword's historical scenarios are profiled; CivIV is legally released in China; and CivIV: BtS previews number not one but two.

MODCAST (19m21s)
    In CivIV who's the best ally, your favourite leaders' trait [CFC], playing "morally" [CFC], and a mythical best civilization.

SENATE (39m36s)
    Are coastal cities better than land locked [CFC]; is slavery essential [CFC]; the best way to found a religion" [CFC] and what to do with your Great Prophets.

MAILBAG (53m07s)
    Feedback o'plenty on Episode 18 [CFC], and responding to a question for one of the co-hosts.
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; August 25, 2011, 00:21.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ
        Best. PolyCast. Ever.

now on to the transcriptions i suppose...

You should be scared.

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ
            the link to my profile under my name in the OP seems to be broken
            Ah -- forgot to fill in your user ID in the link. Fixed.

Comment

Yay - something other than BtS!!!

Well done!
              I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog
                Yay - something other than BtS!!!

Well done!

Comment

Imagine - soon we will actually be able to play it - rather than talk about it it........
                  I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Imagine - soon we will actually be able to play it - rather than talk about it it........
                    Yeah, and there goes our listenership.

BtS will certainly inject even more topics for discussion on the show post-release.

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                      BtS will certainly inject even more topics for discussion on the show post-release.
                      Yes - but then we will be able to comment as well......

Comment

Yes - but then we will be able to comment as well......
                        Exactly.

We won't have to... limit our discussion so much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                          We won't have to... limit our discussion so much anymore.
                          Yeah - all the "Oh I could comment - but I won't" stuff was getting annoying.........

The sound quality was great btw...........

Comment

Yeah - all the "Oh I could comment - but I won't" stuff was getting annoying.........

More like "Oh I could comment -- but I can't".

The sound quality was great btw...........

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

Working...
                              X