No announcement yet.

Is Poly Hiccuping for the Rest of You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you find the problem soon. The site is not functional like this.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Was having trouble up tp about 1500 EDT. Seems okay now (he says with his fingers crossed).
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Whoops, got the dreaded cannot connect again, as soon as I posted the above. Also, the site makes my computer's phishing filter go nuts. I didn't even know I had this thing until this site started doing this two days ago. According to the log, the filter is NOT blocking the site, nor is the problem a time-out. It just says the site is not up or the internet is not connected. Since the latter is not true, the server must be flashing on and off.
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Don't crap yourself over it.

Comment

It's still ****ing up.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Yeah

Works for some minutes, then it goes all crazy again.
              Blah

Comment

Was effectivelly down for the entire day here, but seems ok now.....
                I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Nix that - getting cannot find server messages again...
                  I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Here on fourth attempt after 3 time out messages.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

We took the server offline for much of the day (European time) to test and replace hardware, but this has not resolved the issue or even given us an indication of what the problem is. We can only ask for your patience while we continue to investigate...
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Do you need to sell more PolyPlus memberships to get this done?
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

While we could certainly do with more PLUS memberships, that wouldn't help resolve this issue any faster We have several staff members of Apolyton and our hosting provider looking into this already, I don't think anything could speed up that process. Whatever is causing these spontaneous reboots is proving rather difficult to track down.

Comment

Okay then.

As your lone poster at the moment, I"ll just watch.

Comment

I was having connection problems most of yesterday. Seems fine for me at the moment.

I ventured over to counterglow. That place is dull.
                              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

For those 2 or 3 people that get to read this in time: we may have more extended downtime in the coming hours as we attempt a rather drastic solution that should fix this issue once and for all (although it may have other side effects but we'll worry about those later). If you can't access the site at all anymore at some point, that's probably what we're doing. No need to worry, we *will* be back, but it may take some time (go to bed or get some work done for a change )

Comment

Working...
                                X