• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It most definitely would not do that.

Comment

You may be underestimating potential Spore players
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Then you're overestimating the current average IQ we have here

Comment

The current average is irrelevant - the actual question is what is the average IQ of those who might go elsewhere or more likely never join in the first place, compared with the IQ of those that join because of Spore coverage. The former is clearly higher than the latter.

Comment

I think Solver is implicitly assuming that the average IQ of those who would join in the absence of Spore coverage is equal to the current average.

WTF is Spore?
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I think Solver is implicitly assuming that the average IQ of those who would join in the absence of Spore coverage is equal to the current average.

Wouldn't you agree?

Comment

Again irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver

Wouldn't you agree?
                    No. My being a current member raises current average IQ way higher than any amount of soon-to-register geniuses could maintain
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

If that's true, it's a worrisome fact.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Wouldn't you agree?
                        No. In fact it's pretty obviously false.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

No. My being a current member raises current average IQ way higher than any amount of soon-to-register geniuses could maintain
                          I'm afraid the utter driver you normally post lowers the average quality of posts so much that it would truly take a couple of geniuses to bring it back to normal.

Comment

I *think* that Spikes' judgement is being clouded by his negative experiences with The Sims series.

I actually have high hopes for Spore - and I do think it will be a pee step in the right direction for Will Wright, who has admittedly released some pretty uninteresting games in the past.

Asmodean
                            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                              I *think* that Spikes' judgement is being clouded by his negative experiences with The Sims series.
                              Has he ever tried The Sims? He just hates all Sim games... I guess he just doesn't like games where there is no ending and there is no goal
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I'm afraid the utter driver you normally post lowers the average quality of posts so much that it would truly take a couple of geniuses to bring it back to normal.
                                lol "utter driver" LOL

Putter? Driver? 9 Iron?

Comment

Working...
                                X