No announcement yet.

Soren Johnson Leaves Firaxis Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just need EA to buy Firaxis then... wait 'till SMAC2 comes bundled with Spore

(Fictional Ad) "Import your SPORE race as an enemy Civ! Exciting adventures await you as you take on the mighty -{Mingians}- from -{Mingapulco}-!"

This ad adapted just for a specific Moderator who shall remain Ming
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
      And the news has hit Gamespot (with link to this thread)

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...ml?sid=6169313
      that's where I read about it, which tells me i should visit Poly more often...
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Soren Johnson
        Thanks for you well wishes, everyone. And thanks for everyone's passion and interest here at Apolyton over the years for the Civ series. We have relied a great deal on the expertise of this community (whether you knew it or not) in guiding the series over the last few years. Everyone should be very excited about Beyond the Sword, by the way - it's going to be a great expansion pack.

(It's strangely appropriate that the announcement of my departure came through Apolyton. I remember finding about Brian's departure from Apolyton back in 2000, when I was a lowly intern at EA. Circle of life, etc.)
        Thank you for some great times of civ fun Soren!

so what's the release schedule for Spore?
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Alex

Shame on you, man... Do like me, become an integral part of the polytastic community we have here. One day you might discover what I just did, that you've got more posts than DanQ.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
              One day you might discover what I just did, that you've got more posts than DanQ.
              PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Good luck, Soren . We fans of the Civ series will miss you, and greatly hope that you'll do SMAC2!!! (pleeeeeease?)
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Soren Johnson
                  Thanks for you well wishes, everyone. And thanks for everyone's passion and interest here at Apolyton over the years for the Civ series. We have relied a great deal on the expertise of this community (whether you knew it or not) in guiding the series over the last few years. Everyone should be very excited about Beyond the Sword, by the way - it's going to be a great expansion pack.
                  And we relied a lot on you to produce one heck of a game, and you came through

Thanks for the memories and good luck with Spore (and dodging the pee bounceback... )

Thanks for being a great sport at Apolycon

Oh, and if you need any help testing out your Spore ideas...
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Soren was one of the best things to ever happen to Civ.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

It's a sad day. Great times are ahead and maybe now EA will make some quality products. Its been a long long time since they've done much of their own worth a damn. All they've seemed to do lately is merge with or engulf other companies. But I will always be looking forward to seeing what you've got in store for us Soren. You're an inspiration. Thank you so much for all you've done for my beloved Civ series. We won't forget.

Best of luck man!!
                      FURYsoft Entertainment

Comment

Quick note heh heh, anyone notice how at the official spore website, the symbol for the 'skip intro' is quite similar to the Firaxis logo? Think that was on purpose???
                        FURYsoft Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BorgFury
                          Quick note heh heh, anyone notice how at the official spore website, the symbol for the 'skip intro' is quite similar to the Firaxis logo? Think that was on purpose???
                          That one has been there for some time, it's just showing how the end of the game is (you being able to visit all planets in the galaxy)
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Thanks for all the things you did Soren, and good luck in your new job.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Thanks for everything Soren! Civ4 is a great game! Best civ game evah (So far )

Are you now officially Sporen Johnson?
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Oooh I smell a handle change!
                                First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                                Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Working...
                                X