• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrSpike

Or even before.
    How about now

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I can't add anything more that someone else has already mentioned. Thanks, Soren, for doing such a great job, and good luck at EA. You will be missed.

Cheers.

Comment

Like many others have said this is a great loss for the Civ series and a great gain for the Spore series. I wish you very well Soren on your work at Maxis!

Comment

Soren. Best of luck in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean

How about now

Asmodean
            Will Wright & Soren Johnson's SMAC2...
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I sure will look at Spore more closely too. I hope Soren, doesn't come too late into the game that things are already set in stone and he can bring a lot to that game the way I believe he brought to civ IV. I think he, by his decisions of relying on the fan base among other things, made Civ IV the great game it is. Thanks and good luck.
              Clash of Civilization team member
              (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                How about now
                Hell no, Spore first, then SMAC2

Originally posted by LDiCesare
                I sure will look at Spore more closely too. I hope Soren, doesn't come too late into the game that things are already set in stone (...)
                Considering that the latest release date we have heard is late 2007/early 2008 it seems like it's too late to make many changes to the game
                Last edited by Adagio; April 18, 2007, 16:56.
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I haven't come right out and said this in this thread, but I think that Soren did a great job with Civ4 and wish him luck in his new company and project.

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

And the news has hit Gamespot (with link to this thread)

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

Comment

'Tis a sad day for both the Civ series and the community. Best of luck in the future, Soren

P.S. - Come back and make Civ5!

Comment

Best of luck to Soren

It seems you only did good to Civ, and we're proud to have you as an old-timer (May 2001, respect )

I hope you'll keep on visiting... oh and, btw, have you seen the OT section?

Comment

oh and, btw, have you seen the OT section?

I really hope he hasn't
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                            oh and, btw, have you seen the OT section?
                            Are you trying to scare him away?

Comment

Does this mean we're one step closer to SMAC2?
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by korn469
                                Like many others have said this is a great loss for the Civ series and a great gain for the Spore series. I wish you very well Soren on your work at Maxis!
                                We don't know if it will be a series of games. It could be a total flop and then Soren would merrily return to Civ...

Nah, seriously, thanks Soren for all the great work and effort you put on our beloved game. I sure hope you'll be successful in your new endeavour.
                                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                                X