• Buddy/Ignore List

WOW

FYI Admins
    both lists are exactly the same

had to edit all but one off the ignore list

anyone else come acoss this today?
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Yeah, sorry, I was messing with the code to fix a problem with buddy lists (see here) and screwed up, I overwrote everyone's ignore list with their buddy list The only way for me to fix this was to swipe everyone's ignore list, since the original data was already lost anyway. Everyone will have to rebuild their ignore list, there's nothing I can do about that. Apologies for the inconvenience...

Apparently you detected the problem in between me causing it and 'fixing' it (which was only a ~5 minute window I think), so you may have to rebuild your ignore list once more.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Indeed.

Originally posted by Zoid
      Platypus, why are you on my ignore list??? And you´re not even visible??

Edit: Weird, now It´s gone... Locutus must be playing with the database...
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I promise to not have Locutus on the Ignore list

as long as he learned his lesson...tisk tisk
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Well, you get a banana for trying.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
            Everyone will have to rebuild their ignore list.
            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

What, you dislike so many people here it's a problem to rebuild your list?
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

what about people who were on my ignore list that I'd forgotten about. Link Panag. Losing them will make me sad.

Comment

Interesting: I have a "new" PM from Panang from 2003 (in my profile). I wonder, did the ignore button prevent people from sending PMs?

Also, I thought that I had not made anybody my buddy, but I now have buddies that are identical to the 2 people who were on my "who are you a buddy of". (I think Locutus screwed that up a bit as well.)

Comment

BTW, I was the first person at Poly to be put on someone's ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                      What, you dislike so many people here it's a problem to rebuild your list?
                      I'm okay with rebuilding mine, but only when I still have all the parts. I had a staff member (guess who) on there, but for some reson I can't him back. Maybe for some reson it was made so that you couldn't put staff members on your ignore list, but they weren't removed.
                      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                      The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Will9
                        I had a staff member (guess who) on there
                        Solver?
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

Solver?
                          That would suicide with the large levels of spam I have his forums.
                          USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                          The video may avatar is from

Comment

tip: never admit to actually spamming.

I consider it thoughtful musings.

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
                              what about people who were on my ignore list that I'd forgotten about. Link Panag. Losing them will make me sad.
                              Well, people change, give them a chance to prove they're no longer so bad they should be ignored. It's not a bug, it's a feature

Interesting: I have a "new" PM from Panang from 2003 (in my profile). I wonder, did the ignore button prevent people from sending PMs?
                              Yes. If you ignore someone their existing PMs do not show up in your inbox and they cannot send you new PMs (although they aren't informed of that, the PMs just disappear in a black hole).

Also, I thought that I had not made anybody my buddy, but I now have buddies that are identical to the 2 people who were on my "who are you a buddy of". (I think Locutus screwed that up a bit as well.)
                              I did not edit the buddy lists, I just copied data from them to the ignore lists.

Originally posted by Will9
                              I'm okay with rebuilding mine, but only when I still have all the parts. I had a staff member (guess who) on there, but for some reson I can't him back. Maybe for some reson it was made so that you couldn't put staff members on your ignore list, but they weren't removed.
                              I purged staff members from everyone's ignore lists a while ago -- you were never allowed to do that anyway but there was a bug in the software that let you to get around it. If you still had him on there yesterday before I screwed up you either lucked out that I somehow missed that earlier or more likely the persion in question wasn't 'senior' enough: I only purged people like Ming, rah, Dan, Markos, Solver, etc but I think the software also doesn't let you ignore mini mods from DGs and the like. I'm not convinced that's really needed but I can't be bothered to rewrite the code to fix it either. Maybe when everything else on my to-do list has been dealt with, but that'll be while...
                              Last edited by Locutus; December 12, 2006, 03:33.
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X