Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we have a "Preview Post" button in the Quick Reply form?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnT
    Again, it detracts none from the site
    That isn't entirely accurate. It increases load times for each and every page. Mind you, not by a great deal.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
      * Trip quick replies:

I would rather have a Preview for editting posts. Quick reply is just that.
      What he said

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44

You can. But the formatting tags can be quite a mess sometimes. Without a preview, it is very hard to know for sure that they work as intended.

I proposed a preview feature for PMs a while ago exactly for this reason. You can not edit a PM after it is sent...
        For PMs I can see the argument, but for posts I never have any problem. Maybe I've just had a lot of practice.

And it's not just being awkward - this feature would potentially be useful for some. However, there are lots of potentially useful features, and unless this could be implemented fast (can it?) it's worth considering finite admin time.

Comment

Needless to say, previews for PMs would also be nice.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Ahh. I wasn't spamming the forum, I was just responding to people as they replied. My apologies.
            Didn't say you were spamming..just that you were making a point.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Ahh. I wasn't spamming the forum, I was just responding to people as they replied. My apologies.
              A normal respondent looks to the topic review and will quote lines into the original post. The ultrauberspammer will post once per response, at minimum.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Takes one to know one.

Comment

And you lambast me for lack of originality...
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Wow, BC has been teaching you some new words I see.

Comment

and I coined the term "ultrauberspammer" so I guess I should know what it means.

Comment

Elitists arguing...
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

done

preview for pm's is much harder, a preview function will have to be coded from scratch
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                          X