Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we have a "Preview Post" button in the Quick Reply form?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we have a "Preview Post" button in the Quick Reply form?

Why not? For those who would like it, it's there, for those who don't (and I'm sure there will be people who argue against it - it's the nature of boards), they can ignore the damn thing.

I'm thinking that you press the "Preview Reply" button and it takes you to the already built "Preview Post" form. Should be an easy addition, right?

This would have the added benefit of making the button sizes similar, making the site more symmetrical - and y'all Greeks invented symmetry, didn't ya?

Thanks!

Yes. Symmetry is a Greek word.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Yeah, like you would know, you criminal! You know nothing!

Comment

I know that the body of a communist post-helicopter defenestration accelerates at a rate of 9.8 metres per second squared and has an approximate terminal velocity of 200 km/h.

So there.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Except that the communist in all likelihood doesn't go out a window, per se, but out the side of the helicopter via an open door.

So they aren't technically defenestrated.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

You're just a window definition fascist.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Re: Can we have a "Preview Post" button in the Quick Reply form?

Originally posted by JohnT
              Why not? For those who would like it, it's there, for those who don't (and I'm sure there will be people who argue against it - it's the nature of boards), they can ignore the damn thing.

I'm thinking that you press the "Preview Reply" button and it takes you to the already built "Preview Post" form. Should be an easy addition, right?

This would have the added benefit of making the button sizes similar, making the site more symmetrical - and y'all Greeks invented symmetry, didn't ya?

Thanks!
              I strongly oppose that idea since it was put forth by an evil capitalist.
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I'm one of the good ones.

Comment

Evil, evil!!!

Comment

The quick reply is made for, uh, quick replies. If you want more features, click on the "post reply" button.
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Are you really in the right thread, Alex?

Comment

I think I never ever pressed a preview button... I do several edits though..

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg
                          Are you really in the right thread, Alex?
                          I think so.

He said he wanted a "Preview Post" button in the Quick Reply form, which is located at the bottom of a thread page. I disagree with this because if you click on the "Post Reply" button, you'll be taken to a page where you can not only preview your post but also edit your text with lots of interesting tools (they're useful if you don't know the codes).

So, all I said was: the quick reply was made to be a time-saving feature, allowing you to post without having to go to a different page. It should not contain unnecessary features like "Preview Post".

Ok, I'll stop, otherwise you'll think I'm mad.
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
                            I think I never ever pressed a preview button... I do several edits though..
                            I usually do it when I post a thread.

Have to agree with Alex though, press repley when you think you're going to need to see a preview.

I would like to be able to do an attachement from the quick reply box, now that would be handy.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                              You're just a window definition fascist.
                              In that case be prepared to be quasi-defenestrated via helicopter.
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                              X