X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrSpike

Download paddybot.exe.
    In a far corner of space, long forgotten by many of the great overlords... a lone x-wing fighter comes to a stop near a small spacial anomaly... several minutes go past, then a Danz Corp Communications Bird Un-cloaks

/me the exiled leader of Danz Corp sends off a communique

------------------------------------------

Comms link open

~~~~~~~~~~~~|||||||||*******####|||++||+|||+~~~~

Comms link closed

------------------------------------------

Ahhh the old Australian Post programme, hope the Lord Shogun Gunner gets it in time

/me twists a few dials, the Comms bird recloaks, then spining the X-wing on its head, Paddy heads off to a distant point in the darkness
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Ground control indicates transmission received.
      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
        how exactly is this thread still going on?
        There are still people who havent reached deity.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
          You will have to show me how to program and execute this....

on second thought, disregard....it's better that I don't know.
          It's simple if you know how to do basic internet stuff with a programming language. I used Java. I just ran ethereal (a packet interceptor), made a post, copy-pasted the packet that was sent into my program, and stuck it all in a for loop. Since I can also identify some of the data in the packet, I can have my program send a different message than I originally posted, or post to a different thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
            how exactly is this thread still going on?
            Well, it was discussing some actual topics earlier.

Comment

• You absolutely sure we had a *real* topic to begin with?
              Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

• Well it morphed into a thread with some real topics, at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by bongo
                  You absolutely sure we had a *real* topic to begin with?
                  +1ing isn't a real topic?
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Sorry, my bad

Hey, that's another +1

(I'm really really sorry, will stop posting here now)
                    Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

• tragically, i'll never reach diety unless civ4 is a lot better than civ3, or a lot more people start posting in the civ2 section...
                      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                        Yeah, based on how the activity is there now, I wouldn't mind them counting.

Only if they started counting now again, the old situation would arise again, as people would start posting single-sentence replies 50 times a day.
                        As opposed to the prior 30-odd posts before this reply?

Again, Spam is eliminated by successful moderatorship not the elimination of post counts. This thread is a perfect example of it. The calls to have vague gaming-related threads posted in "Other Games" and not in the OT so posters can get their +1's is another example. The moderatorship on this forum is far less effective than that on the OT which is why the very same spamming travesties which are whined about in re: to the OT are allowed to occur.
                        Last edited by JohnT; June 16, 2005, 08:25.

Comment

• I was hoping that it would hit 500 before it got this bad.

TOAST
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                          X