This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Last Conformist
    I never got the logic in disabling pc in the OTF, but saying it makes us "2nd class citizens" is pretty bizarre ...
    I dont consider anyone here a second class citizen..including you my friend

I do however see that I often come in second place in efforts to make all feel welcome to our home here at Apolyton

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I never got the logic in disabling pc in the OTF, but saying it makes us "2nd class citizens" is pretty bizarre ...
      I actually agree with it (though it still annoys me).

People already spam as it is, no need to make things worse.

Comment

It isn't so much as what we see now in the OTF, but what used to be...

Blatant spam posted solely for the purpose of increasing post counts. It got really bad; people were complaining that the interesting threads kept getting pushed off the front page (or 1st 2 pages!!) by all the spam threads. It's too bad, cuz some of them were fun.

But I remember and can understand why post count doesn't count in the OT. I don't like it either, but I wouldn't want to go back.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Yeah, based on how the activity is there now, I wouldn't mind them counting. But I too remember the days before. It wasn't pretty. I will admit that some of it was outright hilarious. I wouldn't want to go back. Especially now that I'm a mod and would have to spend more time controlling order.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yeah, based on how the activity is there now, I wouldn't mind them counting.

Only if they started counting now again, the old situation would arise again, as people would start posting single-sentence replies 50 times a day.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Yes, agreed, that's why I said I wouldn't want to go back to it.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                Yeah, based on how the activity is there now, I wouldn't mind them counting.

Only if they started counting now again, the old situation would arise again, as people would start posting single-sentence replies 50 times a day.
                HAve you checked out PBEM tracker threads recently?
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                  Yeah, based on how the activity is there now, I wouldn't mind them counting.

Who's to say that still doesn't go on- although it seems to happen in the on-topic forums more nowadays.

Honestly, it does seem like the average post lengths, as someone else mentioned before, have become much shorter than they were in the past.

But that may very well be due to the preponderance of DSL at people's places of work and school, so that they can check for updates and reply every hour or so instead of every 8 hours
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin

HAve you checked out PBEM tracker threads recently?
                    So whats wrong with the PBEM Tracking thread?

I mean

If a person posts "turn 123 sent"

then the players waiting know whom should have it

I have seen too many games that no one knows where the turn is and the game goes stagnant

Like in this thread everyone who posts here is doing what? Replying to 21 deities

exactly how is this in or out of the prescribed boundaries of posting properly?

(That is any different than pbem)

oh

@ RAH

I love the ferret and thats why I be good dun want to have it nipping at me GT's

Gramps

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

So whats wrong with the PBEM Tracking thread?
                      Absolutely nothing, they serve a purpose, but do they require to have post counts associated with them? I don't think they do, but then I think the whole concept of post counts rather banal so my views are rather irrelevant in this regard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin

Absolutely nothing wrong with my giving my post count to Grandpa Troll,unlike OT Posters ranting,what Grandpa Troll posts does serve a purpose, but does anyone else? Is anyone else deserving such they require to have post counts associated with them? I don't think they do, but then I think the whole concept of post counts rather banal so my views are rather irrelevant in this regard. Please remember Gramps has little to make him whole so if posts counts do, please give him mine
                        Ok

Dauphin

If you insist

I am only here to please

Grandpa Troll

Comment

• You're welcome to them.

Comment

• geee granps you are a funny fellow...

but back on topic ..

it is sad that the members top 20 posters no longer lists all the deitys
                            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin
                              geee granps you are a funny fellow...

but back on topic ..

it is sad that the members top 20 posters no longer lists all the deitys
                              why is this sad?

It is not a bad thing that we have the top twenty posters as Deities and a second page with one future more

I am soo confused

Why does anyone make such a big deal that we have more deities

Oh well

my guess is anyone dont wanna reach deity then they better not post since it only adds up

kinda like going to the doctore and telling him it hurts to bend my arm this way
                              to which the Doc sez..

Dont do it

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

why is this sad?

It is not a bad thing that we have the top twenty posters as Deities and a second page with one future more

I am soo confused

Why does anyone make such a big deal that we have more deities

Oh well

my guess is anyone dont wanna reach deity then they better not post since it only adds up

kinda like going to the doctore and telling him it hurts to bend my arm this way
                                to which the Doc sez..

Dont do it

Well, some people believe that the Deity list is now filling up with spammers.

Comment

Working...
                                X