X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

good point Lord Nuclear

so would you say maybe the interviews are not really Faces of Apolyton but more people whom help make Apolyton a Great Place?

I say that to coincide with my previous post and in support of yours
    Yes, that's my thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin
      i unfortunatly have had little to do with most people interviewed so far, so the interview feature has not held my interest.

perhaps if we had a secondary interviewer interviewing others it may create a wider audience for the interview feature
      emphasised parts of my previous post.

The people that have been interviewed so far include prominent CtPers and SMACers,

Not my fav games so dontknow anyof them
      well-known Civ2 players,

I only interested in civ2 MPers
      Yin, the biggest critic of Civ3,

well known poster but i have not encountered him much in thread i post at.
      Ming

This interview i did read a few times
      and even DanQ, one of the owners

and read this too.

I am not saying that no one is interested, i am just saying the interviews are not of the people i would lile to hea rmore about.

And i cant underdstand why their is only one interviewer, why cant we get another or more volunteers. the interview could still be proof read by solver before being put into the feature. but a tleast more interviews would be conducted.
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Rasputin- you forget- MY interview was one of them

you surely read THAT one since our paths cross QUITE often

--
        as a side note: my interview was NOT self conducted despite what the site says- people submitted questions in a thread, I compiled them, answered them all, then sent the compiled list to solver who submitted the list to DanQ. Somewhere along the line someone thought I interviewed myself... strangely enough.

I thought the question submission went very well, actually. I think it should be done again in the future- at least for 1 or 2 questions.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkCloud
          Rasputin- you forget- MY interview was one of them

you surely read THAT one since our paths cross QUITE often

--
          as a side note: my interview was NOT self conducted despite what the site says- people submitted questions in a thread, I compiled them, answered them all, then sent the compiled list to solver who submitted the list to DanQ. Somewhere along the line someone thought I interviewed myself... strangely enough.

I thought the question submission went very well, actually. I think it should be done again in the future- at least for 1 or 2 questions.
          I thought we had a good start in our little interview section but alas DC, it went south

Great try Mate

Gramps
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• uuummmm yeah of course i read yours

Comment

• Oh yes, I think everyone here is forgetting about, as Grandpa Troll has mentioned- that the Storywriters Guild ran a short-lived interview series with posters interviewing each other.

Metaliturtle, and Grandpa Troll were interviewed here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=123420 and here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=124922 respectively

--
              But Grandpa Troll- what I was actually of course referring to was Solver's interview of myself the last Faces of Apolyton interview done in 2002... before Locutus' feature completed in 2004.
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• ha-ha- funny guy there Rasputin

*cracks the whip*
                get to work on that June 2005 Posters Report

----
                *edit- ah, i see the posts on it as I was typing this- nice work there Raspammutin
                -->Visit CGN!

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkCloud
                  Oh yes, I think everyone here is forgetting about, as Grandpa Troll has mentioned- that the Storywriters Guild ran a short-lived interview series with posters interviewing each other.

Metaliturtle, and Grandpa Troll were interviewed here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=123420 and here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=124922 respectively

--
                  But Grandpa Troll- what I was actually of course referring to was Solver's interview of myself the last Faces of Apolyton interview done in 2002... before Locutus' feature completed in 2004.
                  OH indeed sir, I was, umm, how does one from da hood put it, givin you props (I reckon thats means proper respect??) but yes I did catch that old buddy

Carry on, Ahm going bak 2 me trailer..

/me hollers out "Woman, get me a beer"
                  Attached Files
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Darn there Trailer mate, you like our new training department building...
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg

Wasn´t EvC/Thorn given the custom title "Village Idiot" once?
                      No, he was given the title of "Apolyton Daffy Duck." I know because I coined it.

And I would be a deity if OT posts counted. Easily.

I still say that OT posts counting should be a PLUS benefit.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnT

No, he was given the title of "Apolyton Daffy Duck." I know because I coined it.

And I would be a deity if OT posts counted. Easily.

I still say that OT posts counting should be a PLUS benefit.
                        Why? Whether you are a PLUS member or not, this is still a site about TBS games.

Comment

• I think OT posts should count regardless.

However bizarrely, the owners of this site deem differently. They argue that this is a Civ-related site and that only Civ-related "discussions" should count towards post counts. Like this discussion, apparently.

Now I have little idea as to how this site generates revenue. Obviously PLUS memberships play a role, as do sales through the Apolyton store.

However, if there is revenue created through various ppi streams (paid-per-impression, or "ad views") and OT page hits count towards PPI scales, then the owners of this site are being a bit two-faced about the entire OT thing: They declare one section of the site to be second-class, but still generate the same amount of revenue per hits as they do for the other sections?

From the FAQ:

A recent(end of August 2002) addition. 468x60 ads shown on the top of all pages for visitors coming from the US. Run by 24/7 Real Media. Both the number of times they are shown(adviews) and the percentage of people who click on them(CTR-Click Through Ratio) matter to us.

And for what purpose was OT counts removed? Why, for no purpose whatsoever, except to "show" the people who enjoy the community here, long after the games have lost meaning to their lives, that they are not wanted anymore... but, apparently, their clicks are.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnT
                            I think OT posts should count regardless.

However bizarrely, the owners of this site deem differently. They argue that this is a Civ-related site and that only Civ-related "discussions" should count towards post counts. Like this discussion, apparently.
                            I'm of the opinion that A/C posts should not count either.

Comment

• i guess its all a moot point cause the owners have already decided.

but i still dont se ehow a "turn sent" post is worth more than a _ post

Comment

• If there was no post count there would be no debate. We´d all be equal (except for the mods and owners who are more equal than others... ) The titles could remain, but be rewarded based on the length of membership rather than how much you post.
                                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                                X