No announcement yet.

Settler III Bug Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darsnan, do you use the IP address or apolyton.net?

use apolyton.net....
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkG
      Darsnan, do you use the IP address or apolyton.net?

use apolyton.net....
      I click on the "Unsubscribe" link provided in the 'poly E-Mails, just as I have always done, and I've never had any issues with this approach until the move. I don't use IP addresses. FYI.

D

Comment

• Use the unsubscribe in the control panel. That's what I do, and it works fine.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• I have two issures, certainly unrealted to the server change but worth fixing anyway and probably not a big deal.

First issure my attachments of *.rar files don't have an icon. See this post for an example.

Second issure forum front page, there we have an unreadible black on dark blue font issure in CTP2 default style. See attached image.

And another question why have all these links I get from Apolyton those double diagonal slashes like: forums//showthread

-Martin
          Attached Files
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• "On April 29th, 2005, Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS) moved to a new server now affectionately known as "Settler III". Its predecessor, "Settler II", was retired after two years of dutiful service. The primary reason for this change was server space concerns, a point that never even nearly made the top of the list of reasons for previous moves. Increased disk space options for "Settler II" were too limiting, hence the commissioning of "Settler III".

Technically, "Settler III" is a computer powered by a Dual Xeon 2.4GHz processor with 2G RAM and two 70GB hard drives. As a means of comparison, "Settler II" was driven by a Dual Xeon GHz processor with 1.5GB RAM and a single 60GB hard drive. Also, "Settler III" is physically located in a different datacenter than "Settler II" was: California instead of Texas. Since the move, most major and minor technical problems have been identified and resolved. Indeed, details on the days immediately following the server move are contained in an archived thread in ACS` `Apolyton/Community` forum. The problem previously reported with the Support System has been resolved.

ACS` hosting provider remains EV1Servers, previously known as RachShack. Collectively we been with EV1 for more than three years now, and their business practices have been nothing short of exemplary during this time. We look forward to our continued association with them. We at ACS also look forward to continuing our commitment to offer the most complete and comprehensive coverage on the Civilization and related computer gaming series` on the Internet. On behalf of the staff and administration, we thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we continue to iron out outstanding issues from the "Settler II"-to-"Settler III" move. It would not have been possible, let alone warranted, without your ongoing support. Keep On Civ`in!

Yours truly,

----------
            Daniel Quick
            Co-Owner/Administrator
            Apolyton Civilization Site
            http://apolyton.net"
            Last edited by DanQ; May 23, 2005, 22:30.
            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

• all hosted sites working

Comment

• Well, the Directory downloads for the CtP2 Source code are still not working:

Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• this is unrelated to the move....

Comment

• antivirus/antispam protection installed

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkG
                      this is unrelated to the move....
                      Well obviously I missed this, but if this is a reply to my post and actual if it wasn't then it is now. However both problems I mentioned are worth fixing, anyway. And since Dan closed your To Do List thread, I think this is the best place to mention it.

-Martin
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• boa (secondary image-only http server) installed

Comment

• irc server working

Comment

• Images seem to be working fine.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• hey, I'm not longer in the chat room. cool.

Comment

• Settler II is no more...

Comment

Working...
                                X