No announcement yet.

Mass PM-ing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is probably the best way to do it. Add a disclaimer and link to the thread at the bottom of the text and you are covered, doing the right thing by everyone and don't have to waste as much effort.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I knew you'd approve.

Comment

Yeah, force them to opt-out, instead of giving them the opportunity to opt-in. Works every time

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I did put a thread, but guess what? THREE persons out of a HUNDRED EIGHTY SIX actually answered

Okay, I did expected that not each of the 186 would come and write "Yes, no problem. Bye and thx" while stumbling on a thread asking their answer, but I did not expect such a low level of non-participation... Even being used to see how participation demands a high "returns" ($$, product, etc.) expectancy, I expected more.

3 out of 186...
          Oh, yes... I'm the fourth

Now about this thing for opting OUT, it does make some sense... Especially for people who willingly brought the ideas explicitly to make so that they are shared. But I still wanted to offer the possibility to opt out if they didn't wanted their ideas to be reformulated, modified and so on as in wikis, since they did it for the Civ4 list (not CivX WIKI-list). I know very well that if I propose them to "opt-out", the level of participation wont be higher so all I could do is to say "Well... if you want to get out send a msg".

lajzar didn't changed his website's "You can't reformulate others' ideas in this wiki" yet as he said me he would though... [implicit pressure here, lajzar ] But keeping nicks of those who put some work into something still can keep its importance (should it be keeping the main originators in parallel to the wiki, in brackets).
          Last edited by Trifna; April 9, 2005, 09:40.
          Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Well, judging by the extremely meager number of answers I´d say that it´s probaly pretty safe to include the wiki list. One could argue that they´ve had their chance to object. Right?
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I'd have done it already.

Comment

Yes, stop beating around the bush and do it already

Comment

What are you trying to do anyway?
                  (+1)

Comment

You didn´t read the first post?

Comment

Originally posted by Trifna
                      I did put a thread, but guess what? THREE persons out of a HUNDRED EIGHTY SIX actually answered
                      The list has been contributed to for over a year now. People's posting habits change, and the fact that the only mention of the thread (besides the post I am quoting) is in the Civ4 forum means only people who are still contributing will ever see it. If you insist on going via the opt-in route, you will at the very least need to advertise the thread in your signature - and probably as the only item in your signature if you expect people to notice it.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

And that still wont work, so it's not worth it.

Comment

Isn't that thread title a little vague even for people actually visiting that forum? If you desparately need a reaction from everyone, the thread title should indicate that. Only the fanatic people reading all threads in the Civ4 forum (or stumbling upon it through this one) would notice...

Add to that, I can't even remember if I've contributed anything. I think I posted some things a long time ago that had to do with Civ4, but I don't even know if that's part of any sort of "list". Am I on your list of nicknames?
                          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Kamrat X
                            You didn´t read the first post?
                            Reading the whole threa dis for wimps. Like I have time for that!
                            (+1)

Comment

Well then, thanks for your fine contribution. Very much appreciated.

Comment

At least Skanky reads threads before he posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X