Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for something different in a Civ style Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answers:
    Solver. The AI fights AI like relatives at a rich mans will reading. The AI will ask for and accept peace treaties after war but usually after a long delay since the fighting started. Too keep the peace, you should counter a peace proposal with a withdraw proposal. But the AI cannot be trusted if you have been aggressive and particularly, if you hold one or more of their cities. The AI is unlikely to attack a bigger stack so if you have a big display of force, it usually tries to work its way round you rather than attack, meanwhile one of its units withdraws each turn.
    My observation is that the AI is like a human player (as I played on line for points). History and MP shows there are no rules or code. Walk noisly and carry the biggest stick you have :-)))

Comment

• The game runs to the end of the original time line with the same techs and units and wonders + a few things at the end. So there are leviathons and war walkers. However, to play well into the modern age involves a conservative approach or starting at one of the later starting periods.

COT, anyone with a credit card can register with paypal to make payments on line, it is secure and free. My get AOM has the conections to pay pal set up so that all you do is click once you have registered with them.

TechWins.
      I tried building a game from scratch, gave up after 4 weeks. I have no hope, no formal programming training. I think CTP2 is something like 1.8 million lines of code. Imagine just trying to read that.

I offered Activision a no risk, win only for them proposal and they rejected. They are well aware of the wrong they did Civ gamers in the way they launched CTP2 unfinished and withdraw support. I assume they concluded that the money they had to spend overcoming that was not worth it.

Apolyton have offered to host the web site for nothing when my current subscription runs out.

Comment

• [SIZE=1] TechWins.
        I tried building a game from scratch, gave up after 4 weeks. I have no hope, no formal programming training. I think CTP2 is something like 1.8 million lines of code. Imagine just trying to read that.

I offered Activision a no risk, win only for them proposal and they rejected. They are well aware of the wrong they did Civ gamers in the way they launched CTP2 unfinished and withdraw support. I assume they concluded that the money they had to spend overcoming that was not worth it.

Apolyton have offered to host the web site for nothing when my current subscription runs out.
        Yeah, I can definitely understand the difficultues in building the engine from scratch. I figured based on your work you might have some expertise in the field arlready.

That's too bad Activision is so uncooperative. I hope to see your game on Apolyton soon; I suppose between then and now I'll have to purchase CtP2 to give your project a shot. When do suspect Apolyton will be hosting your game?
        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

• I have bought up about 30 copies of CTP2 which are available from the AOM website and would appreciate it if I could sell those.

I bought them because I thought CTP2 was no longer being made, but it is and there are copies changing hands on EBAY and Amazon, but some are well over priced. One lot in Germany keep advertising CTP2 as Sid Mier's CTP2 to confuse people.

AOM at Apolyton will be released about the same time as I start shipping the final. Waiting on a couple of playtests and have a small list of things to tweak. 2nd half of April.

Note, do not even attempt to play AOM unless you have played and are familiar with CTP2. If you havn't played for a while, have a refresher before trying AOM. My experience is that at times, AOM can be as intense as MP.

A complimentary copy of AOM is available to five people who register for my forum between now and 15.04.05. Five copies have already been allocated to the first five people who registered.

Comment

• Stan those new unit and tech tree pdfs are immense
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
              CoT youre in England right? Send me it and ill pay Stan with paypal if you want?
              thanks Maq, i'll be in touch by PM sometime soon
              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• Watch out though, he's a big meanie.

Comment

• Frigging spammer.

Comment

• GP isn't a big meanie. He is just a little cantankerous at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCO
                      Frigging spammer.
                      ...yawn
                      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                        Watch out though, he's a big meanie.
                        Its ok Dr.Spike, myself and Maq go back a good while(over 2years!) - we're poly ctp2 buddies, and footie fans

Stan i'm looking forward very much to see what you've been upto - i'm intrigued by the historic ties you've been able to put in, i'm having a hard time getting around just how different an experience it will make of CTP2.

AoM is going to breath some much needed life into my TBS rationing i feel
                        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• Hex, you need to update your list of credits:-))

Something like "Head Smurf at AOM" :-)))

Comment

• Originally posted by stankarp
                            If you're interested, I have something that might be of interest for you. Email me: thesdale at dodo.com.au.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale

If you're interested, I have something that might be of interest for you.
                              Do you know what a tautology is?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

Do you know what a tautology is?

Sounds like you did pretty well, though i'm not a CTP player. If I were i'd probably get it
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X