Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for something different in a Civ style Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the notice Stan. Weird about the PM box being full... I'll check that out.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• I think it is a technical error.:-((

Comment

• The AoM mod will be hosted officially on Apolyton and should be available for download by the end of this month. RL ("real life") issues of mine have consumed most of me for the past month, much of it ending just yesterday (with a few more albeit lighter days to go still).

----------
        Dan; Apolyton CS
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

• Sounds great, will just sleep a bit until its availble...

Comment

• Just a bit of an update for everyone:

The Internet release of The Ages of Man via Apolyton has been delayed slightly while final touch-ups are made to game content and so-called RL ("real life") issues of a pressing nature abound.

We had planned on availability in early May, but we are still hopeful for a release before the end of this month. We'll continue to keep you apprised of progress.

---------
            Dan; Apolyton CS
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

• Well, that will be a long sleep I will get, but hey, there are lots of work too

Comment

• Yeah, a free downloading of Age of Man
                L'Arabe Dément
                l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

• AoM download now available exclusively from Apolyton.

See http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=134392

---------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

• UR will ban you for that underline.

Comment

• Spike: Why?
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• It's a pet hate of his.

Comment

• and to think I threw both CtP and CtP2 in the bin several years ago.

Great job mate, impressive work. Not sure on your decission to drop out of college though.
                          Last edited by alva; June 3, 2005, 07:31.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• and to think I threw both CtP and CtP2 in the bin several years ago.
                            You obviously did not realise how good the games were.

Comment

• As a 3rd party individual, who owns AoM, here are a few facts about the MOD:
                              1. AoM Size on CD (zipped) = 426 MB (447,125,504 bytes);
                              2. The CD (cover) art work is full color original graphic;
                              3. The CD and the CD case cost money;
                              4. Shipping from Australia cost money!

To add my opinion onto this stack of raw data here are the following bits:
                              5. If Stan has indicated that Activision has no problem with the way AoM is being distributed and has, in fact, thanked him for enriching the original CtPII with the MoD, I find the parrot-like repetition of "I still think it's fishy" a complete waste of typing skills.
                              6. The MOD turns CtPII from a mediocre game into the single best, turn-based civilization building game to date;
                              7. Stan deserves to be compensated for at least the ink off his printer, the CD/cover, and postage;
                              8. It'a a pity that the company won't officially market this MOD to really thank/ompensate him for the awesome job he's done.

Mithelemir

Comment

• Thanks for the comment.

Re Activision. I negotiated with Activision for 3 months, they would not agree to a commercial license and in the end, stated they do not support the idea of a super mod or expansion pack. They would not even sell me wholesale copies of the game so I could make them available. I had to buy up, at their suggestion, a few copies on Ebay and Amazon to make them available.

Activision were given the link to the website last November and have not made any contact whatsoever.

The original CTP2 was voted the biggest disappointment of 2001 by one game magazine critic, and I recall seeing at least one guy cruising the forums telling people they were idiots for playing it, up to 2 years after the release. CTP2 was so poorly handled by Activision, it cost them a lot of money and I think they just want to forget about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X