No announcement yet.

I don't ignore anybody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question that's almost on topic. I'll drop it in amid the spam here and hope it gets noticed, because I don't feel like starting a new thread for such a dumb question.
    I apparently had put a name or two or three on my ignore list some time back. I don't recall why I did such a heinous and probably alcohol-inspired act, but I don't want to ignore anyone's posts these days (and don't care who ignores me). I know how to get names off my ignore list, provided I remember the names. But how do I get names off that I don't remember? How do I make a completely clear and pure and empty and virgin ignore list?
    I shall stand over here in the corner, out of the way of the spam, and hope someone sees my question.
    "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

When you put someone on your ignore list then they appear on your ignore list.

When you go to your control panel and then to edit ignore list you should see the list of people you are ignoring with spaces to type in to add more people. If no one is listed than they shouldn't be ignored.

My question; how do you get the mods to put you on their ignore list?
      Monkey!!!

Comment

not sure. But I have put all the mods on my ignore list. That way when they give me warnings, I can honestly claim I have not seen them.

doesn't work when they PM you though .

Comment

Control panel.
          Edit Ignore list.
          "To remove a user from the list, delete their name."
          Update list.

Tis easy and fun.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

doesn't work when they PM you though
            Been wondering what's happening to all your threads
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
              Control panel.
              Edit Ignore list.
              "To remove a user from the list, delete their name."
              Update list.

Tis easy and fun.
              Ah, but if I don't recall the name I can't delete the name. And I don't see a list anywhere other than a members list. This was the case when I did have names on the list that I knew. Removing them was, indeed, fun and easy. But I'm sure there's got to be one or two more, and I must, for my own peace, wash this blood from my hands, or I shall ne'er be free.
              "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

If I understand Skanky's post right, only the names you can see listed is posters you ignore.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Click on the control panel link at the top of the page (circled in red).
                  After this new page loads up, click on the "Edit Ignore List" (circled in red) link just below the standard Poly links.
                  Attached Files
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

This will bring up a nifty box filled with the names of people you have deemed unworthy to take up your valuable spamming time by reading their puerile drivel. Upon changing your mind, just remove the names listed then click update.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• It should be obvious to most people, but I'll add this disclaimer just incase.

The ignore list above is false. Doctored, if you will. The name(s) appearing in my real ignore list are different to those listed above. Management frowns upon people revealing who they have in their ignore list, and people who reveal their ignore lists do so at their own risk.

Comment

• On so many levels.

Comment

• Days later, I finally get around to saying "Thanks." All worked well. My ignorelist has regained its virtue.

Comment

• A virtuous ignore list? That's somehow so very wrong ...
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• I find it funny I ignore a past incarnation of my screen name.

Now I may be wrong. I've had so many screen names and DL's I can't keep track of them all. But Black Bart's posts are listed as being ignored. Well, Black Bart I believe is the same name as Dissident. I just changed it a few times (once to Dissident Aggressor, and then to Dissident)

Comment

• Is this a confession of some sorts?
                                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                                X