Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkG
    why are you surprised? dan had announced that it was planned

i would like to note that apolyton.com addresses will be exclusive for lifers as a start, with the remaining domains available to regular plus members

Comment

Only problem i see with having other addys other than poly.com is that for us PBEM folks - perhaps the majority of ppl who would use this - we'd lose the ability to just send it to name@poly.com automatically without having to ask what the email addy is first ...

Though i suppose you can have a link on the profile, but anything that puts it somewhere you can find it makes it trollable ... but any step towards this is a good one
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
        I voted for the service just for the simple fact that any service that allows for the upkeep or increase of traffic to and from this site stemming from anything from Civ to whatever is a boon to the future of Apolyton and to the future of Civ as a whole.

Being an ardent Civ2er I've seen an increase in interest in Civ2 on this site since I joined because of the ability of MarkG to implement changes that make playing Civ more enjoyable. For example, our new CivGroup in the scenario league has increased our sense of community and has brought new and old Civ2 people back to Apolyton. Mark's rebirthing of the Civ2 tournament has increased activity in the forums and has created interest were there once was little.

The whole key to making this site survive is to accomodate those that play to the interests of the site, being the fans of Civ and strategy games. Allowing for the ease of play for any of the showcased games will only help the site.

So yeah, email forwarding would make it a hell of a lot easier to coordinate playtesting of scenarios, notifying the Civ2 community of changes, and for one, making Aployton the center of Civ activity.

It's all about the traffic. Ask the advertising gurus.
        good points
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Thank You.

Comment

When this becomes a reality I want to switch to a lifetime subscription. How will this work? Will the amount I paid already be applied to a lifetime subscription? What exactly do I need to do?

Comment

How will this work? Will the amount I paid already be applied to a lifetime subscription? What exactly do I need to do?
              if you go to the plus pages and attempt to buy a lifetime subscription, the price you'll pay will be the normal price minus what you have paid already.

you can try it out at http://apolyton.net/members without having to proceed to the paypal page
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Nice.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  How will this work? Will the amount I paid already be applied to a lifetime subscription? What exactly do I need to do?
                  if you go to the plus pages and attempt to buy a lifetime subscription, the price you'll pay will be the normal price minus what you have paid already.

you can try it out at http://apolyton.net/members without having to proceed to the paypal page
                  Sweet! I will await the announcement that the program is on-line!

Comment

Mark, it's OT, but every time i get a post notification from one of your posts, it includes the text of the post in the notification.

Should it? I'm not a lifer, and nobody else's as far as i remember does this ...

Comment

snoopy: we've seen that before but noone could figure out why it comes in some threads (eg. picture thread), and in some not...
                      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

For me, it's only Mark's emails, and only in this one (though i don't subscribe to any others he posts in).

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                          Mark, it's OT, but every time i get a post notification from one of your posts, it includes the text of the post in the notification.
                          I get this on *every* post notification. Isn't it supposed to be like this?

I don't mind, I like it actually
                          Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

it's possible that you also get the full post if the thread was started by a lifer (or something similar)

Comment

I am still in support of this.
                              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

yeah, i've had another strike of real life...

Comment

Working...
                                X