Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkG
    nothing, we spank them in private
    An email is send to them reminding them of their casual mistakes.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

That's great news. Next time you ban people for this reason someone awkward person is sure to bring up the fact that PLUS users are exempt.

Comment

Welll, I for one, think that Markos' policy is is fair...After all, PLUS users are contributing monetarily to Apolyton...so (I think) one of the benefits should be being yelled at in private as compared to being yelled at in the open forum.

Comment

But if their email is invalid how exactly are you going to email them ...

I think this email forwarding thing would have to disable itself if more than say 5 emails in a row were bounced, or else you'd end up with issues. That, and since it's a two stage thing (ie sending to poly and then poly sending to you) you'd probably not know if your email was bounced or not, unless there's a system to let people know when emails they send got bounced in the second stage ... ?
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

you managed to confuse me
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Well, I think it's your avatar. It makes you too easy to confuse.

Comment

no, you confused me so much, my avatar was altered

in a more serious note, our technical difficulties have been solved, we should be ready late this week.

Comment

do you mean "as in ready to to trail the email addresses idea"???
                  Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

why are you surprised? dan had announced that it was planned

i would like to note that apolyton.com addresses will be exclusive for lifers as a start, with the remaining domains available to regular plus members
                    Last edited by MarkG; September 20, 2004, 02:44.

Comment

Lifers only? Crud What about the rest of us, who will end up paying MORE for continual Poly renewed subscriptions?

And Mark - LOVE the avatar. If I didn't have my whole Vegeta thing going I might have taken Al for my own personality
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

why are you surprised? dan had announced that it was planned

i would like to note that apolyton.com addresses will be exclusive for lifers as a start, with the remaining domains available to regular plus members
                        indeed he did
                        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

no, you confused me so much, my avatar was altered

in a more serious note, our technical difficulties have been solved, we should be ready late this week.
                          sweet Understand the lifer thing, though i hope the "other domains" are still cool ...

Comment

our other domains are:

galciv.net
                            moo3.net
                            calltopower.net
                            civilization2.net
                            civilization3.net
                            civilization4.net

Comment

Well, i guess civilization3.net would do fine for moi. Though poly.net will always be the best regardless of availability

Comment

I voted for the service just for the simple fact that any service that allows for the upkeep or increase of traffic to and from this site stemming from anything from Civ to whatever is a boon to the future of Apolyton and to the future of Civ as a whole.

Being an ardent Civ2er I've seen an increase in interest in Civ2 on this site since I joined because of the ability of MarkG to implement changes that make playing Civ more enjoyable. For example, our new CivGroup in the scenario league has increased our sense of community and has brought new and old Civ2 people back to Apolyton. Mark's rebirthing of the Civ2 tournament has increased activity in the forums and has created interest were there once was little.

The whole key to making this site survive is to accomodate those that play to the interests of the site, being the fans of Civ and strategy games. Allowing for the ease of play for any of the showcased games will only help the site.

So yeah, email forwarding would make it a hell of a lot easier to coordinate playtesting of scenarios, notifying the Civ2 community of changes, and for one, making Aployton the center of Civ activity.

It's all about the traffic. Ask the advertising gurus.

Comment

Working...
                                X