Strange thread posting bug.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange thread posting bug.

This is a really weird one. On both Monday and yesterday I posted threads on this forum stating that "server busy" problems were preventing me from posting. On both times I enquired, I asked if any measures were expected to tackle it (such as archiving, or something).

Each time, I've come back the next day to discover that the thread has vanished entirely. Is this a bug that only occurs when I word these threads politely?
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

More likely the mods have deleted your thread b/c there have been a few posts, and I think threads, dealing with the subject of Poly Plus Peoples having access during peak times while the plebes have to wait for the load to de-stress.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

If you get a "server busy" message, that means you aren't getting through AFAIK. Like a busy signal on the telephone.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

So is it confirmed that the Poly plus users get preferential access over regular registered users?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
          So is it confirmed that the Poly plus users get preferential access over regular registered users?
          Looks like it...
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

Its been stated by Markos before that we get access over regular users. Alas.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

maybe i should put a note on this in the busy server message....

something like "buy ApoytonPLUS or get this message", "give us money to stop seeing this message", etc
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Sounds fair to me.

Comment

agreed
                  Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Disgraceful capitalist attitude Markos. The CPA will not be pleased with this at all.

Mind you, it makes sense, and is a good way of advertising. You'd have a captive audience.

Comment

at thread

The server busy messages are a que for me to go out and get a real life. Of course I never do that. I turn on the TV instead and watch that.

Comment

OK. I'm going to write a few thoughts on the subject. Before I do so, would any administrator like to proudly claim responsibility for deleting my other polite threads?

Comment

Ooh the suspense.

And I'd guess Mark to the admin question.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                            OK. I'm going to write a few thoughts on the subject. Before I do so, would any administrator like to proudly claim responsibility for deleting my other polite threads?
                            Feel free to write up your thoughts. I will "proudly claim" responsibility for deleting your polite but repetitive threads. Why everybody seems to think they need their own personal thread everytime they get a server busy message is beyond me. This has come up multiple times before... but I guess since it was your personal thread on the same old topic, it was more important than all the other threads
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ming was going to be my second choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X