X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give EPW the first pick please.

Comment

Start a second
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
        You already have Hits, Homeruns, and walks, adding TB is redundant and favors power hitters. As for RPs, increase the minimum inning requirement, like I said. If someone wants to risk running 8 RPs they can as far as I'm concerned. And you're going to be hard pressed to find that many elite RPs anyways, it's a high risk play. Wins is a coin flip and you already have QS, thus redundant. And it's stupid. Net stats are also stupid. Anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid. Done.
        Redundancy is unavoidable, total bases is a good measure of the team's performance and adds weight to doubles and triples (you wanted that). SLG duplicates total bases but one is a counting stat and the other is %. Should we favor more bases or fewer? SLG favors fewer. I don't mind having both but that's why I suggested changing Slg to OPS to weaken the TB+Slg stat and add a little more weight to walks. Why do you hate Ks as a hitting stat? Its a good stat, put the ball in play. It's either that or TBs and OPS

I dont mind bumping the IP but Wins are not a coin flip, yes there's some luck but that's built into choosing the right set up men. A SP has to go 5 IP to get a win and he should be rewarded, winning is the goal. The trend is to limit SP innings and 5 seems to be the bar. QS gives good losing pitchers a boost. I like nets but I'll agree to go with SB, Saves and Holds. ugh

unless others would like to chime in

Comment

• cb4
          cb4 commented
          Editing a comment
          You are the Commish. You do what you want and be done. Everybody seems to be ok with what you have set forth, except one. EPW you can be commish. next year. Good luck to all !!

Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Total Bases (TB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP), Slugging Percentage (SLG)
        ​
        ​​​​​​Innings Pitched (IP), Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Total Bases Allowed (TB), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB), Quality Starts (QS)

That's it, pre-rank your players at Yahoo or risk getting an injured or unavailable player.

I'm bumping the Min IP to 23
        ​

Comment

I left a suggestion for Yahoo to add a SLG Against pitching category

Comment

Berzerker is a fantastic commissioner
            "

Comment

Now it's walrus's turn to gripe at League over Weekly.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

net wins and net saves seems very punishing to relievers IMO. Keep in mind you are already being punished when a pitcher blows a save - it hurts your era, whip, TBA, at the very least, and you don't get the save as well. SBs are too rare to be a net stat(and you lose a possible run scored).
                "

Comment

losing games, blowing leads and caught stealing all should be punished. It doesn't matter if net means fewer W, SV, SB, only who ends up with the most

Yahoo offers SB%, that would include SB and caught stealing

How about that?

Maybe they have Win % too

oh well, maybe next year

Comment

When we know the draft order? TY

Comment

Yahoo will do it right before the draft.

Comment

Kind of hurts mock draft efforts.
                        Last edited by SlowwHand; March 11, 2024, 23:49.

Comment

• cb4
                          cb4 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          My thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by cb4 View Post
                        When we know the draft order? TY
                        the draft room will open 1/2 hour before the draft starts. The draft order will appear on the left side

Comment

sorry, miscounted the rounds

Comment

I don't know how many active managers we have and I don't want the teams of absent managers to fade into oblivion so I want the active managers to adopt those teams

I made everyone a co-commissioner so we all should have the power to edit rosters for other teams

Comment

Working...
                            X