2024 Poly Fantasy Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 Poly Fantasy Baseball

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IL, IL, IL, NA
    Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Walks (BB), Batting Average (AVG), Slugging Percentage (SLG), Net Stolen Bases (NSB)​
    ​​​​​​Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Total Bases Allowed (TB), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Quality Starts (QS)

weekly with a minimum 21 IP required to qualify for scoring

Those are last year's settings

Some changes will be made... What would you like to see?
    ​

44093​ is the league ID

Comment

Here's my proposal !!
      C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IL, IL, NA
      R, 1B, 2B, 3B, BB, HR, RBI, AVE, OBP, SLG, SB
      ​​​​​​QS, OUTS, IP, GIDP, K, SV, HLD, TBA, WHIP, ERA, K/BB​
      "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
        Here's my proposal !!
        C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IL, IL, NA
        R, 1B, 2B, 3B, BB, HR, RBI, AVE, OBP, SLG, SB
        ​​​​​​QS, OUTS, IP, GIDP, K, SV, HLD, TBA, WHIP, ERA, K/BB​
        It's beautiful.
        "

Comment

anyone familiar with OPS+

OBP + SLG +

​​​​​​On-Base Plus Slugging Percentage Plus

Formula: 100*((OBP ÷ league average OBP)+(SLG ÷ league average SLG)-1)

On-Base Plus Slugging Percentage Plus+ is arguably the most useful statistic when discussing batters because it accounts for the different ballparks that the players play in. Taking the league averages of both OBP and SLG, it allows for the standardization of the number across the league.

When discussing OPS+, it is important to remember the league average is exactly 100, so 50% of the MLB is above and below. If someone has a 150 OPS+, they are 50% better than the league-average hitter. The MLB leader in the 2022 season was Judge with 211, making him 111% better than the league average hitter.
          ​

Comment

• EPW
            EPW commented
            Editing a comment
            Too high level for fantasy IMO

snip snip

Comment

I increased the # of players to 12 and ww ads to 70

Comment

I would like to nominate epw for first pick of draft
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Agreed
                "

Comment

OPS+ is something to measure players by, a little like WAR, but I don't think it's a great stat cat.

Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

EPW, I really hope you get 1st pick. Injury is a mother and we'll have to listen to how you got screwed, but that's ok.
                    Give me...5th pick.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Howdy folks. Been a long time. I miiiiight be persuaded to join. I don't care what stats are used, but I can't do a live draft.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                        -Jrabbit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        !!!OZZY!!!

The RAH quote is classic.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                        Howdy folks. Been a long time. I miiiiight be persuaded to join. I don't care what stats are used, but I can't do a live draft.
                        I'll ask but I think we went to a live draft last year because of people who wouldn't do a slow draft

can you pre-rank your players at Yahoo? Might be easier to just remove players you dont want, like guys on the IL for a while.

Comment

We did live draft last year on baseball, slow draft on football

Comment

Working...
                          X