No announcement yet.

NFL 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah that would be a problem for just about any organization... I dont blame him for wanting control

Comment

yay KC v SF in another Super Bowl

I cant believe the Chiefs shut down the Ravens O

What a comeback by the 49ers

Comment

• Berzerker
        Berzerker commented
        Editing a comment
        I cant shake my doubts about Purdy but he did lead a 27pt 2nd half

49er celebration has "Faithfully" by Journey playing in the background while the talking heads wrap it up

Comment

A rematch? Really? Not the Super Bowl I was expecting, but it looked like everyone got what they deserved in yesterday's games.

Condolences to my Michigander friends.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Talking heads on the radio were saying the Ravens went away from what they've done all year too soon.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Hell I could root for all 4 teams, I was born in Michigan and lived near Baltimore, in San Fran and near KC

Comment

This story cracked me up -- a hardcore fantasy football player and Packers fan applied for the GB Defensive Coordinator job and actually got a response...

As a 23-year fantasy football veteran, lifelong Green Bay Packers fan Bill Port knows his way around an NFL roster.

Which is why when the Packers’ defensive coordinator job opened up recently, Port decided he should apply for the position. After all, three regular season titles and three playoff championships in 23 seasons are returns most NFL teams wouldn’t turn their noses up at.

In addition to his fantasy football successes, Port also listed his – albeit limited – experience playing varsity football as a junior in high school.

“I put a little note at the bottom, too, that said: ‘I hope you get a good chuckle out of this,’” Port tells CNN Sport.

“And then my cover letter was really straightforward and simple. It was something like: ‘I heard your organization has a job opening and I figured I’d try this defensive coordinator thing. Please note, I’d prefer weekends off. And then I said: ‘Go Pack Go.’”

Port did not get the job.

What he did get, however, was a hilarious hand-written reply from Packers president and CEO Mark Murphy.

“Bill, Thanks so much for your cover letter and resume regarding our Defensive Coordinator position,” Murphy wrote.

“While your fantasy football experience is impressive, I regret to inform you that we have decided to go in a different direction. I hear the Bears have an opening — you look to be a perfect fit for them. Thanks again. Sincerely — Mark.”

Linky: https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/07/sport...ntl/index.html
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
              X