No announcement yet.

2021 Poly Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I THINK there's a conspiracy to kill me going on. If I could pin it to ColdWizard, somehow, I'd be totally sure.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You're up, Tex. Take your time.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

i dont know if anyone sent vlad an email so i just sent him one, i'll give him more time before i have to leave for the afternoon but i'll post picks or instructions for me and FF

Comment

Walrus got back to me, he wants bapays so dont wait for his clock

FF wanted a WR bapay using projected rankings, I'd prefer he pick so let his clock run. His other WR is a week 11 bye and his RBs are 13 and 11 with his QB 7

unfortunately the projected rankings dont always match up with the projected fantasy pts and there's a few injured players complicating the situation. Amari Cooper would be good but he's coming off a bad leg injury, Hardman is ranked 150 but he has slightly higher projected fantasy pts. Thielen looks like the best option and he's the bapay using 2020, albeit he shares the QBs bye week. Go with Thielen if FF doesn't pick, he should check in though before 5-6 pm

FF can always change it

I'll be back in about 6 hours

Comment

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            Weird. The only way to land on Thielen is to ignore FF's actual request. He asked for a WR Bapay using projected rankings. He didn't ask you to avoid any particular bye week.

Season (proj), filter by Actual (Rank) = Amari Cooper (#40) - followed by DJ Moore (#44)
            Season (proj), filter by Points = Mecole Hardman (206.3) - then Diontae Johnson (205.37), then Adam Thielen and Amari Cooper (both under 200).

So it should be one of those two. And I think it's fair to say that Mecole Hardman is not someone who FF (or any of us) would draft this early. And it looks to me like Cooper's health is fine, just being conservative in not coming back too early.

So my suggestion is Amari Cooper.

At this point in the draft, I don't see any reason to worry about Bye weeks. (Hell, I don't worry about it until about Round 20.) Some people try to gang their Byes together so they only lose one week. Other people want to spread them out, so they never have more than 2 guys out. Who are we to dictate that to FF? I say, just give him the best player fitting his description. And I would further suggest that person is Amari Cooper.

Do what you want, commish. This is just my 2 cents...

• Berzerker
            Berzerker commented
            Editing a comment
            I think Thielen was 51 and slightly behind the other guys in pts - and healthy. I didn't want to give FF a guy who might not be there for opening day. I read the report on Cooper and was reluctant to hand FF the risk, Hardman was too far down the ranks in spite of his proj pts (I dont understand that discrepancy) and Moore is hurting too. FF can decide on that when he logs on later, I would have gone with Cooper if not for the ? about his ankle.

I agree on Cooper. He's fine and will be part of Dallas passing trident.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

then Cooper it is

Comment

Ah HA! I think that I have a link to the dastardly ColdWizard.

Comment

looks like Walrus will get a TE bapay for r7, Tonyan GB?

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                  -Jrabbit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Correct. Already posted.

Thanks guys, I appreciate you looking out for me.

I don't care about bye weeks yet either, I will keep using straight BAPAY with the projected points when I ask for it or leave a list myself.
                Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

• Cooper doesn't show injured now and Thielen does

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                    -Jrabbit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dude, it's a thigh bruise. Don't overreact.

• nm...
                  Last edited by Berzerker; August 22, 2021, 16:34.

Comment

• That does bring up a question, however.

I see that we now have an Injured Reserve with 2 slots. Presumably that was added last year due to COVID.
                    Am I correct in assuming that those slots are for any injury, not just COVID? Are there guidelines for that?
                    If you put someone on IR, do you then get to fill their roster spot with anyone you want from the free agent list?
                    Also: am I also correct that those IR slots only exist after the league goes "live"?
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I added the extra il slot this year, we had only 1 last year and I did add TO return yds. Those were the only changes I made to the settings

they can be used for injuries and/or covid

yes, putting someone in the il slot creates an open bench slot

yes, once the draft is submitted and the league is started players on il can be moved into an il slot and another player can then be taken from the player pool before or after league play begins.

I did that in some of my baseball leagues with Chris Sale, I took him in the draft and stowed him away in an il slot, probably not the best strategy since he took up that slot until August when I thought June would be his return date. In football they have some players on the PUP list (players unable to play I think) and they can fill il slots.

NAs (not active) otoh cant fill il slots, some of my baseball leagues also have NA slots

Comment

• regarding Walrus' bapays, he needs a back up QB and another RB/WR and defense

if the bapay is a QB make sure he doesn't have the same bye week as his starting QB Kyler Murray

Comment

• The next QB in the Bapay list is Ryan Tannehill TEN.

Kyler Murray bye = Week 12.
                          Ryan Tannehill bye = Week 13.

Next on the list are Big Ben and Cousins, both with their bye on week 7.

For WR/RB: He has 3 RBs and 2 WRs, so WR makes more sense. Thielen is the top name (#51 overall, bye = 7), followed by JuJu (#61, also bye=7).

Comment

• Berzerker
                            Berzerker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thielen sounds good then, we can think about a QB for r9 maybe or start in with defenders.

And thx for helping out with the bapays
                        Working...
                        X