Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SlowwHand
    replied
    I THINK it was CBS Sports. I meant to post the link, but my mind went on the fritz.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Awesome. Love the drama in Green Bay!
    Where is that story? Link?

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    I just read an article about what Denver would give for Rogers (Lock, a couple of first roound picks and more) and two things come to mind.
    1) If I was running the circus in Green Bay, I'd jump all over it.
    2) If I was Elway, I'd be keeping my new position and taking back over as G.M.
    It's like Dallas finding the sucker in Minnesota in the Hershel Walker trade, all over again. Lightning CAN strike twice.

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Well, I'm a known idiot. You know that sometimes you have to draw pictures for me.

Leave a comment:

• ColdWizard
    replied
    Great QBs by Bears standards, obviously

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Dalton will be as oood as his OL and other support. If Bears fall behind 28-0, Dalton isn't a comeback kid.
    And ColdWizard, if you put McMahon anywhere near Luckman, you're deranged, but I knew that already.

Leave a comment:

• Ming
    replied
    Dalton will be on a short leash. If he doesn't deliver quickly, he will be toast. If he can win some games and look good in the process, he will keep it his job, but the ax is already hanging over his head.

Leave a comment:

• Demonbinder
    replied
    That's a small sample size. They can and I think did get one earlier than that. I received a notification from Fantasy Pro's that their post-draft rankings were out so I checked and they have Justin Fields as the #11 QB, right behind Aaron Rodgers! Trevor Lawrence is at 9.

But as CW says you have to develop him correctly. Any guesses on the over/under of when he starts? My nephew thinks game three which wouldn't surprise me, but depends on how Dalton plays.
    Last edited by Demonbinder; May 3, 2021, 18:27.

Leave a comment:

• ColdWizard
    replied
    Scouting the qb correctly is one thing, developing him is a entirely different challenge. Also, Luckman (1939) to McMahon (1982) means the Bears are due for their next great qb in 2025.

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Roger's is good, but I don't like him. I wouldn't want to hang around with him.

Leave a comment:

• Ming
    replied
    Time will only tell on this one. Our GM doesn't have a good track record with QB's, but this at least looks like a good move at the moment.
    The local media is rejoicing just as much about the Aaron Rodgers problems with Green Bay. Fans are just salivating at the thought of Rodgers being in another division this year

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Bears made a damn good pick. I can just imagine the media rejoicing.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Fleeced them, and still (presumably) got their guy. Great move, I think.

Still can't believe the Bears pulled the trigger on this deal. Thrilled.
    And of course, Chicago sports media are already falling all over themselves loving the move.

Let the Justin Fields honeymoon begin!

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    But trading with a Division rival is just weird.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Yes! Cowboys grab Micah Parsons, beast of a LB from Penn State. Saw him a few times. Monster. Should help immediately. Congrats on a good pick, picking up more ammo in the process.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X