Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Bears went with Eberflus, the DC at Indy, as their new head coach.

Also, it's Twitter-official: Big Ben Roethlisberger has retired.

Leave a comment:

• Demonbinder
    replied
    I like the hire of Ryan Poles as GM for the Bears and also that they are allowing him to pick the HC even if he is going to interview the three candidates that management likes. Hopefully he will talk to Harbaugh to see if he has any interest, though I like Flores.

Leave a comment:

• Demonbinder
    replied
    My comment about being surprised they kicked into end zone was my immediate reaction. I keep going back and forth as to how to handle OT and know the "defense has to hold" but defense is only part of the game. Play a 10 minute OT and let both teams have at least one chance.

Yes, it was 13 seconds as oppose to 7-8 seconds from the 40? Even with Mahomes at QB I would have short kicked it.

Leave a comment:

• Berzerker
    replied
    otoh wrt OT sudden death, if the other team is guaranteed a touch they get the advantage of knowing what they need. The team getting the ball first doesn't have 4 downs to score a TD, they have to consider a FG on their 4th down

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    The Buffalo defense was asked to hold for, what, like 13 seconds. Maybe it was 17 seconds. Both the kickoff team (as noted, not forcing the clock to run) and the D made stupid calls (cover-zero? really???) and executed poorly.
    It was an epic fail from the league's #1 overall defense. Good chance it will cost Bills DC Leslie Frazier a job offer.

Leave a comment:

• Demonbinder
    replied
    I also think both teams should get the ball. But was anyone else surprised when Buffalo kicked it into the endzone instead of a squib kick at end of regulation? That would have taken more time off the clock though Mahomes did have 3 time outs to work with, but still....

Leave a comment:

• Berzerker
    replied
    I went 0-4 in confidence and I'm okay with it

The 4 teams I wanted to win did win, KC hosts Cincy instead of going to Tennessee and SF and LA face off again. Could be a repeat of Mahomes vs Jimmy G

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    I'm a huge Stafford fan, since his high school.
    Go, Matthew!

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Unbelievable finish. Could not believe Buffalo couldn't keep Mahomes off the scoreboard for just :17

...and their offense never saw the field again.

Leave a comment:

• Berzerker
    replied
    both games today were fantastic

I wanted KC to win but I think the OT rules suck, both teams should get the ball

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    I cannot figure out how Brady keeps coming back from these hopeless deficits. It's like even the opponents expect it and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Very pleased to see Stafford find a way to win in those final 42 seconds that the GOAT left on the clock.

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Underdog weekend,so far. Make it 4.

Leave a comment:

• Berzerker
    replied
    well that didn't last long

49ers @ Rams

Leave a comment:

• Berzerker
    replied
    wow, what a comeback

Leave a comment:

• Berzerker
    replied
    rutro

upset weekend and my Chiefs are next up against a Buffalo team that beat them badly in KC

I'm glad for the 49ers and Rams even if I picked them to lose

so who will host Cincy? KC was going thru a bad spell when they lost to the Bills earlier but the Bills have been rolling

Leave a comment:

Working...
X