No announcement yet.

NFL 2019 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker in Baltimore tonight. All my friends in Nashville are going nuts! Tons of credit to Vrabel, Henry, and Tannehill. Amazing.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• what an amazing 1st half, 24-0 becomes 24-28

I gave up after the 1st qt and then Mahomes throws 4 TD passes in the 2nd qt

Comment

• and another TD

Houston goes on a 24 pt rampage and KC answers with 34

c'mon Chiefs!

Comment

• Rooting for Tennessee.. collegq wr turned qb leading a Cinderella team.. C'mon, man!
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• ugh, this is starting out like last week

Comment

• hmm...and the 1st half ended like last week

hope we can count on KC to score quickly and pull away in the 2nd half

I sure would like a KC v SF Super Bowl, my 2 favorite teams

but I like GB too, and I like the Titans

Comment

• I was expecting more out of Green Bay. KC/SF is my preferred super bowl though, seems like a fun matchup.
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• wow, blow out

that SF running game will be a problem for the Chiefs

Coleman got hurt, so they're down to Mostert and Breida and I assume GL vulture Wilson if Tevin cant play

49ers got the better D but can anyone stop Mahomes?

Comment

• that looked like a cheap PI call on the GB guy (#25) guarding Kittle on that 3rd and a few yds

Comment

• Berzerker
                      Berzerker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      FG by Gould, its over

KC vs SF!!!!!!!

• Would have liked to see Tennessee make it.
                    Sorry, Berz. I have to go SF and the other dark horse QB.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Patrick The Comeback Kid Mahomes

down 24 in the 1st quarter to Houston and the Chiefs take the lead 28-24 at the half and cruised to a 51-31 with a blowout the last 3 quarters and a 51-7 run

down 10-0 to Tennessee in the 1st quarter and down 17-7 late in the 2nd and win 35-24

down 20-10 in the 4th quarter to San Francisco and looking lackluster against that 49ers "D" and Mahomes brings them back for a 31-20 win
                      Last edited by Berzerker; February 2, 2020, 23:44.

Comment

• Mahomes is amazing, but MVP? No. The sportscasters (or whoever votes on it) were clearly more interested in their preferred narrative than reality. Result? They screwed Damien Williams out of the MVP award he so obviously deserved (IMHO). I've got nothing against Mahomes, but he actually had a pretty mediocre game by his standards - 2 INTs, under 300 passing yds, under 30 rushing yds.
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I tend to agree, I was thinking Mahomes played 'bad' enough somebody else might get it and no one really stood out until Williams last TD run. But I suspect KC wanted to feed the all star responsible for any future dynasty.

Tyrann Mathieu won KC Season MVP, so that might have influenced the decision. Defense has long been KCs achilles heel so they brought in 4-5 guys (Mathieu, Breeland, Suggs) and their defense really improved. Not so much against the run during the regular season but the passing D was good.

Comment

• Damien scored 2 of those 4th-qtr TDs, had over 100 yds on 17 carries (6+ yd avg), and IIRC 133 total yards. He also set up Mahomes' rushing TD by getting a first down on that beautiful pirouette into a direct snap play that Reid put in.

It's almost like non-QBs aren't eligible to be MVPs anymore, even for one game.

Comment

• eh, Williams pissed me off when he stepped OB while the nose of the football touched the goal line. That was far too unnecessarily close for my comfort, I guess he was focused on the GL instead of the OB line at that point

j/k that last TD run pushed him ahead of Mahomes for game MVP

Comment

Working...
                              X