No announcement yet.

NFL 2019 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's official. The BEARS still suck.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Clearly, it's going to be a painful season, and I have adjusted my expectations to be a bit closer to reality.
      They will be lucky to finish .500, and could lose as many as 11.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

And to think how much fun we made of SI for predicting the Bears to finish last in the division.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
          And to think how much fun we made of SI for predicting the Bears to finish last in the division.

At least they ran the ball but then got away from it late. And I still want them to run a couple more plays before that last field goal attempt.
          Last edited by Demonbinder; October 28, 2019, 19:29.

Comment

Here's the thing: Nagy ran the I-formation very successfully to start the game, but it was just a show pony. When the Bears had all those goal-to-go snaps, he never used it once.

Look, Trubisky is obviously a problem, and the line remains a work in progress, but there is mounting evidence that in-game playcalling may be the Bears' biggest problem.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The front office made a mistake with Trubisky, but will they ever admit it or will they beat this dead horse long after it's in the grave.
              And yes, I blame Nagy as well. For somebody who was supposed to bring in a real offense.............. the play calling has been simply terrible
              Just because something is "different' or a trick play, doesn't mean it's good. IT HAS TO FRICKIN WORK WITH THE PEOPLE YOU HAVE
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Comment

I was laughing as talk radio were comparing Trub's ability to a brain tumor for Nagey. It's hard to think clearly when your brain is so handicapped.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And once again they lose a game they should have won. No offense and defensive penalties in first half cost them though they kept it close. Trubisky finally hits one deep pass but misses another one and defense once again can't get a stop in fourth quarter to get ball back to offense. Season now officially over, so now Nagy will figure it out. Big changes need to be made, especially at QB.

Comment

I think you were watching a different game than I was. There was only about 5 seconds where I even thought they had a chance. Let alone should have won.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Bears played like crap. I gave up on the season last week, so it didn't bother me too much.

What DID bother me was the blatant, obvious offensive pass interference that didn't get called on Ertz's TD. It also pissed me off that, for the rest of the game, the Fox replay mysteriously starts right after AFTER Ertz gives Fuller a forearm-shiv push-off. Ertz knows it, too -- he didn't celebrate the score because a flag was down and he knew he was guilty.

Here's the footage. I see that Yahoo agrees with me:
                        https://sports.yahoo.com/refs-miss-b...194835067.html
                        Last edited by -Jrabbit; November 3, 2019, 21:49.

Comment

yeah, I gave up on the last week also so the first half was just confirmation and no emotional loss. But typical bears, did just enough in the second half for me to actually be disappointed when they couldn't even cover a kick off.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Steelers at Cleveland. What a stupid ending.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I had turned it off by then. Crazy!

Myles Garrett is suspended. Indefinitely.

Comment

I would hope so. It will be interesting to see who else gets disciplined and for how long.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X