No announcement yet.

NFL 2019 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the Bears game after I got back from Cincinnati, not knowing the score. As usual they start out with a three and out and give up three points but come back and eventually take the ten point lead. The two long field goals from Pinero were great and a nice drive on the only TD by the Bears. They might have gotten more on the field goal drives but both of those started out inside the 20 while the TD was from the 25. Lousy officiating, especially on pass interference and both roughing the passer calls, abounded. The defense played great and the offense looked like it was their second preseason game. Trubisky does have to get better especially with the long throws. But that was a nice drive he engineered at the end and he did make the pass to get them in position for winning FG. Hopefully he and offense can improve each week. So some good and some bad, but better than last week. OK, now you can accuse me of drinking the Kool-Aid.

Comment

Bears' biggest problem is playcalling, especially after a penalty. It's like they have no gameplan for coming back from a holding call. So all it takes is one mistake to kill a drive.

I like Nagy a lot as a coach, but now that the league has a year of film on him, he needs to make some adjustments.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        Bears' biggest problem is playcalling, especially after a penalty. It's like they have no gameplan for coming back from a holding call. So all it takes is one mistake to kill a drive.

I like Nagy a lot as a coach, but now that the league has a year of film on him, he needs to make some adjustments.
        Agreed!

Comment

Tennessee vs. Jacksonville. What a thriller from 2 teams that will vye for number 1 pick.
          Last edited by SlowwHand; September 19, 2019, 23:14.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yeah, that was a crap game. And I think Miami's a stone cold lock for #1 overall.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

New England releases Antonio Brown. What a shock!

The Antonio Brown era in New England lasted less than two weeks and just one game. The Patriots released the wide receiver on Friday amid allegations of sexual assault.
              Last edited by Demonbinder; September 20, 2019, 18:08.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Bears got beat on both offensive and defensive lines in London. A game that should have been easy turns into an upset and with the Pack and Vikes winning they are third going into bye week esentiallly 1-1/2 behind Pack. I think Kyle Long has seen better days and Leno is over rated.

Comment

Deshaun Watson...
                    Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
                      Bears got beat on both offensive and defensive lines in London. A game that should have been easy turns into an upset and with the Pack and Vikes winning they are third going into bye week esentiallly 1-1/2 behind Pack. I think Kyle Long has seen better days and Leno is over rated.
                      I'm trying to figure out why they were trying to rush the punter on that one. We had the lead and all we needed was to get the ball back. And that next fake shouldn't have been a surprise.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                        -Jrabbit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Said it out loud before it happened...

Originally posted by Flatlander Fox View Post
                      Deshaun Watson...
                      Wrong thread, he killed me this week in fantasy.

As for the Bears, or any other team with QB problems, why can't these offensive "geniuses" figure out a way to run the ball creatively?

Everyone says that most backs are interchangeable, but as I see it, that's because very few teams emphasise the run anymore.

Comment

Your O-Line has to step up if you're going to rely on the run. The Bears O-line has been an issue.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

But isn't that why you hired a genius? To cover up your flaws with genius type stuff?

Since I have lived half of my adult life with geniuses managing or coaching my teams, I may be asking a bit too much...

Comment

what in the hell is a free kick?

1 sec left in the half and Carolina got a free kick from 50 yds. But the defense wasn't allowed to be on the field, He didn't even have to kick the ball from the usual 6-8 yds behind the line of scrimmage like a normal FG.

thats some bs, I gotta google that

One of the NFL's most obscure rules could have given the Cowboys a shot at three points at the end of the first half today in Dallas, but the Cowboys may not have known about it.

thats weird, the defense can return it but not try to block it
                            Last edited by Berzerker; October 13, 2019, 11:44.

Comment

Yes, a strange rule that isn't used much. It only makes sense late in half or game if you are in field goal range.

As to Bears O-line, in what is not a surprise, Kyle Long goes on IR. That's it for his career, at least in Chicago. A very good player who got injured too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X