2019 "YAHOO STYLE" FANTASY GOLF LEAGUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 "YAHOO STYLE" FANTASY GOLF LEAGUE

Call me crazy but I just could not let our League die!

After some research I stumbled upon this site which allows for quite some customization for the league and chose to go with them - even crazier is that I dished out the 50 bucks it cost to create the League

But anyway, here it is, I really hope you guys will give it a try and help me make it work!!

First off: can you join here? Password is: poly

http://www.buzzfantasyleagues.com/JoinExistingLeague.aspx

Then choose "TONY BOGEY" from the Dropdown menu.

You will probably have to create a login for BuzzFantasyLeagues first, there is was no way around it.

_____

Also guys so please bare with me as I have tried to the best of this site's ability to recreate the defunct YAHOO Fantasy Golf setting and scoring.
    The interface is quite opaque so I am not sure I have or will be able to make a carbon copy but for now the one major stumbling block are the ability to swap players in/out everyday from bench to start... At the moment I think we select pre-tournament and then all players score... I
    Its not ideal BUT its also less demanding since we had many times when we just forgot/could not swap players from day to day...

At the moment, the 3 tiers are based on their default but I will have a go at recreating the stupid Yahoo completely random tiers... maybe
    Open for discussion of course.

Another twist is that I have selected the 5 'majors' as Special Event where scoring will be X 1.5

If it all works out and you like it maybe you could paypal a few bucks down the line to pay for the fee, but we'll see how it goes first.

It would be really cool to have at least 10 to 12 active managers, like we used to have until 2017. So please invite as many managers as you want, max. is 25...

ENJOY!!!
    Last edited by Skyfish; December 5, 2018, 11:08.

Signed up for Buzz
    Your link takes me to a error message saying I don't have the authority to invite people
    I then went to a join a private team
    And saw that there was a Tony Bogey League, selected that and used the poly password.

SO, I'M IN!
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sorry about that here is the URL to join:

Offering fantasy golf commissioner services, fantasy golf public leagues, and contests. Register for free.

Then choose Tony Bogey from the Dropdown

The proper way to do this is to invite per email but since I dont have all you guys' email, thats the only way for now

Comment

Ahhhh... now that link is MUCH BETTER
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Demongolfers are in. I love the logo.

Comment

Almost in.
            Last edited by SlowwHand; December 5, 2018, 20:36.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

in

I have a paypal acct but only used it once to a retailer so I dont know how to send money to someone w/o a paypal link. But if you pm me an address I can send cash, I'll split the 1st year's cost with you

Comment

Very nice of you Berz, much appreciated!

I see that Sloww is in now, I hope all is OK sloww?

Comment

All is well.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

OK so I got confirmation that there is NO mid-tournament roster changes, so starting different golfers each round of the tournament will not be an option!

This will be the only difference with Yahoo: is that an issue for you guys?

I know that a lot of us complained about the bench spots: ie starting the wrong guy while your bench goes off, or missing deadlines bc of private stuff or because of Yahoo shenanigans
                    => so hopefully you guys are OK with this change? Let me know

Now the question is about the GROUPS: the standard format on this platform is 3 groups of golfers, which are roughly Top 70 / Top 71 to 140 / Rest...
                    And from those groups you select 2 from group A, 2 from group B and 1 from Group C.

Is that the best format? I am not sure... but on the other hand we do not want to recreate the weird Yahoo "random" groupings do we?
                    I also see some weird names in those groups while going thru the list.

Maybe we could do, pick 2 golfers from each group (since no bench):
                    - Group A => Top 50 golfers (using FedEx cup)
                    - Group B => Top 50 to 175
                    - Group C => Rest

Waddya guys think?

Comment

i like benches but if thats not available my heart wont break, 6 spots sounds good.

if they allow more i'd be fine with 8, that would force us to use players we're not use to more

do you know how many times we can use each player?

yahoo had 3 segments starting in january with 10 maximum uses per player

oh yeah, mulligans or not?

1 would be nice

Comment

I have limited the max use to 10 PER YEAR(not per segment) which is what Yahoo had - and it was one of the better restrictions as it really forced you to diversify lineups and plan ahead.
                        The problem with increasing spots is that it impacts that max use number Yahoo had a MIN of 4 players used per week if you go up to 8 MIN players per week we cant keep the max use to 10.
                        Personally I'd much rather stay at 6 per week, I feel 8 is too many - no other fantasy games has that many for example...

I have kept the 3 Segments per Year which are interesting this year bc of the new schedule - that will allow us to keep the Segment Winner tradition alive, Ming will appreciate

The one big change is that I have given more value to the 5 'majors' this year => all points scored on that week are multiplied by 1.5 - so there is an impact but it should not be too outrageous,
                        I hope you are fine with that but if not just tell me and I can always change back.

Comment

You're making it too difficult for a journeyman like me.

Comment

Inne.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

is the first week ~ January 3rd out in Hawaii for the tournament of champions?

Comment

Working...
                              X