Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 "YAHOO STYLE" FANTASY GOLF LEAGUE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    look at the Euros, he's the only one with Andrew Putnam

    Comment


    • #32

      Comment


      • #33
        Probably going to JINX it now...but I got Andrew Putnam at 80/1 each way as well

        Comment


        • #34
          you got a 20 pt bonus for Putnam's low score the 1st day

          Comment


          • #35
            Are you sure? Let me check...

            The issue is that the Live Scoring shows bonuses - even on Round 1/2/3 - which is far from ideal...
            However the Final Scores will only count bonuses for the end of tournament results as it should.
            We will verify tomorrow
            I am also talking directly to the owner of the site about this issue trying to make him change the Live Scoring... will keep you updated.


            Comment


            • #36
              I looked again: the Bonus you see in front of Putnam now is because he is in First place right now, its not related to the first round - In fact Putnam did NOT get the best score in Round 1
              so I'd never would have gotten the bonus anyway

              Here are some screenshots sent by the Admin to explain how live scoring works:

              Comment


              • #37
                OK so a couple of remarks around the FORMAT:

                1- Still not in love with the TIERS: Tier A has too many good players, Tier B is too small, Tier C is too large - here is an idea to solve it:
                - Reduce Tier A to Top 35 or 30 players
                - Increase Tier B to include top Euro players to a group of around 100
                - Hereby decreasing Tier C

                2- Related to that we could change to 2 picks in Tier A, 3 picks in Tier B and 1 pick in Tier C
                Another reason behind this change is that those lower ranked players are real dart throws where luck when picking becomes much more of factor than skill...

                3- Finally one thing I forgot to consider when limiting starts to 10 for each player is that with Yahoo you could pick a player to leave on your bench and use them ONLY if the other one(s) did not make the cut - this helped limiting starts for a valuable players.
                However in this format we do NOT have that luxury and only 10 starts for the whole season might be extremely limited.
                Please consider that this rule might change during the season as we get more visibility on its impact: Start limits could go up to 12 or even 15.


                As usual please let me know what you think

                Comment


                • #38
                  I like 3 B and 1 C. Reading through the C list to find someone you know is difficult.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by rah View Post
                    I like 3 B and 1 C. Reading through the C list to find someone you know is difficult.
                    I agree.... WHO ARE THESE GUYS
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey, Baron O and Slowwhand

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I kinda like a C tier with unknowns, forces us to do a bit of research into sleepers and up and comers

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        To choose one golfer fine. but not 2. I'm not retired yet.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Demon's the only one with Mick and he shot -12

                          thats a helluva lead after 1 round

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Some of those Euros playing a limited PGA schedule should go to the C list. Used to wait patiently for guys like Harrington and Westwood to come over for their 5-6 starts after clinching their Ryder slot. Same thing with guys who play Champions tour but still play a few PGA events (usually shorter courses or places near their homes).

                            Yahoo used to seed the C list with a handful of decent golfers - a couple past their prime, one or two legit As and Bs, and a Euro or two who play limited schedules over here. Similarly, they would drop a few rookies into the A list. I'm not a big fan of sifting through the empty C list, but I dislike having ALL the top players jammed into A even more.

                            Just a few random thoughts, Skyfish. Really appreciate all you've done for the group!
                            Last edited by -Jrabbit; January 17, 2019, 21:26.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Just remembered I had not set up my team for this week. Did so and then looked at standings and realized I had won last week. Cool!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                yeah, if we have some control over the tiers I'd like to see some of the better players in the B & C tiers. We'll never get to use some of those guys if the A tier is overloaded

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X