No announcement yet.

2018 Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to SlowwHand and the Dallas Dwarf Tossers!

2018 Poly Fantasy Football champions!
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• congrats Slowwhand

Comment

• Ming needs a big game from Cook

all 5 of my teams this week hit 200+ pts with an average over 220, if I win against Ming that'll be 10-0 the last 2 weeks with a 200+ average

damn, stat correction dropped me under 200
        Last edited by Berzerker; December 24, 2018, 05:35.

Comment

• The Mayfield "gamble" paid off; coupled with sitting Foles, which I would have done, too.
          Last edited by SlowwHand; December 24, 2018, 00:57.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, playing Foles and CJ Anderson would have made things competitive. Rivers/Keenan Allen usually excel for me even in bad matchups, but the Ravens D played great. Gurley sitting out (and announcing it late) was a gutshot. So it goes.

Well played, sir!

• My team was pretty good this week. Of course I planned it that way...
          Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

• Congratulations to the winners!

Comment

• Just making it official with screen caps from Yahoo:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Poly Final Standings 2018-12-24.png
Views:	15
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	9369370
              Top bracket playoff detail:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Poly Playoffs Champ Bracket 2018-12-26.png
Views:	26
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	9369371
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Just get to the playoffs and anything can happen
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• yup, i try to take players with decent matchups for weeks 15-16 and avoid QBs scheduled for cold outdoor games

still a great season Rabbit, SBs are nice, W-L records are good, but the most points is an honor above all others

Comment

• Thanks, but sadly, there are no awards for most points scored. Gurley powered my team all year, but that counts for nothing in the playoffs.

If I had started Foles over Rivers, it's a different outcome. But Rivers has come through for me in plenty other bad matchups, and Foles - despite the wins - had only 14 pts the week before and a total of only 1 TD in his 2 post-Wentz starts.

A little unlucky, but hey, that's my bad.

Slowwy pulled off winning from the 4-spot, and I know from experience that's a great feeling. Kudos to him!

Comment

• Thank you. I had to beat Berz for the last playoff spot, beat Ming who won the season and then there you were. As you pointed out, my roll started just in time.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Congrats, Sloww.
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Hey one last thing in fantasy world: I've been playing the weekly free Yahoo Cup contest all season again, and actually won $10 by finishing in the top 1,000 out of the 467K entrants. 763rd, to be exact.

Behold my awesomeness: Click image for larger version  Name:	Yahoo Cup NFL 2018 Final.jpg Views:	1 Size:	26.5 KB ID:	9369843
                            Last edited by -Jrabbit; January 2, 2019, 10:53.

Comment

• cool, what was your strategy?

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                                -Jrabbit commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Just like regular FF, it's basically matchup driven, trying to find high value at reasonable salaries. Except RB, where I generally had a couple expensive ones for reliability. For most of the year, it was "Gurley and 2 more." Then, find value at QB, take the best cheap defense, and fill in the blanks from there.
                            Working...
                            X