No announcement yet.

MLB 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to Cubs on the three awards. I figured Rookie of the Year was a lock but Cy Young and Manager of the Year weren't.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

David Price signs with Boston - 7 years $217M.

Comment

Bummer for the Cubs, but not at all surprising.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Baseball needs a salary cap. ~ Annual observation.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              Bummer for the Cubs, but not at all surprising.
              Not really. I don't think he's worth that kind of money. The Cubs had some early discussions with him, and dropped out quickly when they heard the price tag.
              Good job as far as I'm concerned.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I agree with Ming. That's basically $1M per start.

Comment

Ludicrous.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    Baseball needs a salary cap. ~ Annual observation.
                    And/or non-guaranteed salaries. I'm not familiar with MLB's CBA, but that's probably going to be a tough ask...

Comment

Does MLB need a salary cap, or do they just need fewer crazy organizations?

The Red Sox had the 3rd highest salary in baseball last year, and finished bottom of their division. The Royals had the 16th highest salary, and beat the Mets(21st in payroll) in the World Series.

The rest of the final 4 was Toronto (10th) and Cubs(14th).

Best part of the AL playoffs? Yankees(2nd in payroll) losing to the Astros(29th in payroll) in the Wild Card game.

I don't think the Dodgers, Red Sox or Yankees know what to do with all of that money they are making, so they just throw it away.

Comment

Which still impacts other teams.

Comment

It means the biggest names will gravitate to the biggest spenders.

Apparently MLB is fine with that. And as HT notes, it doesn't necessarily translate to World Series victories.
                          Yankees have won, what, once since the millenium?
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

John Lackey signs with the Cubs. 2 years, 32 million. Will that be enough?

Comment

From Yahoo Sports...
                              The Chicago Cubs on Friday agreed to terms with veteran right-hander John Lackey on a two-year, $32-million contract, sources said, filling their rotation behind Jake Arrieta and Jon Lester.
                              Not a bad move... While Lackey wasn't the best free agent picture available, he's a good add to the rotation. Plus, only a two year contract at a reasonable rate.

I like this far better than giving out 120 million dollars
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Most of the sportswriters in Chicago seem to like it. The talk is about a trade that would acquire a young "controllable" pitcher and a leadoff man and or center fielder.

Comment

Working...
                                X