No announcement yet.

NFL 2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaepernick has now been out of the NFL nearly 2 years. His ship has sailed.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Dallas over New Orleans. Hmmm.

Comment

• certainly didn't see that coming.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• While a surprising outcome and a close game, it was not nearly as fun to watch as Rams vs. Chiefs. I guess the rule changes favoring the offense do work as intended.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• But it does show what you can do when you get pressure rushing only four, especially if the pressure is up the middle. I thought I heard on the radio this morning that The cowboys only rushed more than 4, three times. The outcome was quite impressive.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Kareem Hunt released due to a recorded incident of domestic violence. Perhaps the Redskins can pick him up too.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

• wow, I saw news about Hunt last night and didn't think of looking for Ware on the ww cuz I figured it would blow over

now I see Rabbit and Fumbler picked him up in all 5 leagues

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                  -Jrabbit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sadly, I didn't get Ware at FFZ, my team with Hunt. Zopper beat me to him.

• Do you think Mason Crosby will still be employed next week?

Comment

• His coach isn't.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                    -Jrabbit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pretty rare for a long-timer like McCarthy to get axed mid-season, so this is semi-shocking. I guess losing to AZ at home was the last straw.
                    The interim head coach is Philbin, the offensive coordinator. I'm thinking Rodgers is happy (or at least, glad it's over).

• lol

sorry mike

Comment

• Nagy clearly cost the Bears a win today.
                    Fortunately, the entire NFC Central joined them on the Loser List.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• If you mean he cost them the game by not starting Mitch, I concur.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I didn't like the timeout with :17 left in first half, but all three phases hurt the Bears. First possession should have let the ball go into end zone for touch back instead of trying to run it out. Daniels should never have thrown the first ball that went for the pick six and he had at least three times he should have thrown the ball away but took a sack instead (which Mitch wouldn't have done). Bears defense let up too many yards especially that long run at end of half that led to the FG. They also dropped a couple of balls that should have been INT's.

On the Green Bay front, I wasn't surprised that McCarthy was fired. When you lose to Arizona at home in December with snow, that's not a good sign. I heard Ian Rappaport on Score today saying they have a good young GM, but how good is he when he gets rid of targets for their QB and then doesn't replace them but goes for defense?

Comment

• Yeah, when there was 30 seconds more I was screaming for him to call a time out but when he finally did, I just turned and said, now that was stupid.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I do not get it. How is Rob Gronkowski playing defense on the last play of the game?

Comment

Working...
                            X