College football 2014 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 team playoff is too much. So no solve
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• But its the champion of each conference and the amount of games played? Welp, I'm no big city mathematician or numbers whiz but...

Less games than we currently have.

You're still welcome.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Who cares about less games in total? Too many teams having a chance to win.

Counter with 6 major conferences, 14 teams each, with a conference championship game in each conference, conference winners make the playoffs, NFL style playoffs with #1 and #2 getting byes.

*drop mic

(though this may have been somewhat of a reality if the ACC didn't start poaching Big East teams - though I guess the ACC could have taken Miami and it'd end up ok)
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Too many teams have a chance to win is your objection?

Why do you hate entertainment Imran?
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Because... the NBA playoffs...

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              Because... the NBA playoffs...
              The NBA playoffs are a totally different beast since there are 30 teams and not enough basketball talent in the world to be good basketball on more than 10-12 teams.

Comment

• Plus the NBA playoffs are series as opposed to one winner-take-all game each.

My idea is to split all of the FBS into 8 equal conferences of 16 teams each. No independents. Then you have an 8-team playoff with each conference champ. Seems simple enough to me.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                  Well, what are the alternatives?
                  Not letting teams who lose to 7-6 teams play for the national title, ie. the system we had from the early days of college football until this year? Not necessarily against a playoff, but this **** is unprecedented.

Comment

Working...
                  X