No announcement yet.

Jaguar's League (D/ST) Fantasy Football Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not understanding why he discounts the projection as a result of a risk assessment. Risk should be implicit in the projection. What cause does he have to expect additional risk exposure not represented in previous years of Rivers' career (like last year)? Rivers is not a 31 year old runningback.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      I'm not understanding why he discounts the projection as a result of a risk assessment. Risk should be implicit in the projection.
      That's just not how his team does things. And you're obviously convinced that Rivers has no downside possibility, nay, you think he's a 31 year old QB on the rise with 3rd rate WRs.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
        That's just not how his team does things. And you're obviously convinced that Rivers has no downside possibility, nay, you think he's a 31 year old QB on the rise with 3rd rate WRs.
        The entirety of his career demonstrates no downside. We saw his downside last year and he was still a top-10 QB. I think his WR's have been just as terrible his entire career. I won my money league with Rivers as my QB in 2010 when he was passing to Legedu Naanee and Seyi Ajirotutu for much of the season. That's no better than what he has now.

Disappointed that Schatz would just add an exogenous variable on projections (what the **** is the significance of 10%? Did he pull that out his ass?) because of his 'gut' feeling or whatever it is.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Last edited by MRT144; August 25, 2012, 20:41.
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Also, being disappointed in Schatz for gut feelings is ridiculous given how other people do their rankings. They looked at age, health, players around, etc etc to see what the downside risk is. You have to factor that antonio gates being the best reciever on the team and being injury prone has ramifications on potential. Would you have preferred everything presented as a range? That'd sure make it more easy to understand

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
              Also, being disappointed in Schatz for gut feelings is ridiculous given how other people do their rankings. They looked at age, health, players around, etc etc to see what the downside risk is. You have to factor that antonio gates being the best reciever on the team and being injury prone has ramifications on potential. Would you have preferred everything presented as a range? That'd sure make it more easy to understand
              Yes, actually. In fact, I would expect the projection to be the weighted average of all points along that range. Would make a lot more sense than arbitrarily deducting 10% (where does he even get 10% from?) off a projection. Why is he adding an exogenous variable to his projection and applying it selectively?

I'd much rather have a gut feeling that's admittedly based on intuition than a gut feeling masquerading as the result of a statistical model.

Comment

• What is the significance of the table, MRT (compared to the one you posted earlier)?
                Last edited by flash9286; August 25, 2012, 20:53.
                Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  Yes, actually. In fact, I would expect the projection to be the weighted average of all points along that range. Would make a lot more sense than arbitrarily deducting 10% (where does he even get 10% from?) off a projection. Why is he adding an exogenous variable to his projection and applying it selectively?

I'd much rather have a gut feeling that's admittedly based on intuition than a gut feeling masquerading as the result of a statistical model.
                  He had 4 risk categories, Green, Yellow, Red, Blue at 0% -5% -10% +5%

In running the numbers models he probably did a thousand simulations and had a wider variance on some of them than others. The more scattered the outcomes, the higher the downside risk. -10% was arbitrarily picked as the most risky downside but so what? The only reason this matters to you is because you have ego issues. This is projections from one source, and getting really butthurt about this as you are just looks bad.

TLDR: stop being a pedant ***** that nobody cares about or listens to.

Comment

• Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
                    What is the significance of the table, MRT (compared to the one you posted earlier)?
                    The 2nd one is without risk projection involved.

Comment

• So based on the 2nd analysis, koy is your prediction to win, if all stays as is current?
                      Not only going to merely win, he's going to crush the living **** out of us and put our grandchildren into bondage, out working his royal lands?
                      Last edited by SlowwHand; August 26, 2012, 01:32.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                        So based on the 2nd analysis, koy is your prediction to win, if all stays as is current?
                        Not only going to merely win, he's going to crush the living **** out of us and put our grandchildren into bondage, out working his royal lands?
                        That's the projection. I did some small tweaks that mock bye weeks and I only selected 3rd RB or 3rd WRs as flex, and this assumes that he would be playing with the highest projected season players, but those didnt change much.

For instance, with my team, I plan on playing Torrey Smith at Flex week 4, 10, 11.
                        Daniel Thomas Week 8, Law Firm Week 9
                        Andy Dalton Weeks 2-6, 12-15
                        Josh Freeman Weeks 7-11, 16
                        Buffalo Defense Weeks, 1, 3, 7,11-16
                        Cincy Defense Weeks 2,4-6,
                        San Diego 8-10

There's no real way to put this into the projections accurately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post

Rosters are complete, free agents are available. Game on.
                          Thanks, Jaguar.

I'm pretty sure I had a few more QBs on my list than that, though...
                          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            So based on the 2nd analysis, koy is your prediction to win, if all stays as is current?
                            Ooh, I like this game.

Of course, risk is a fairly big weakness for my team. I only have one reliable RB (depending on how you see Carolina's backfield), the upside of my QB position is a mid-level QB1, my TE looks good but needs to prove he's not a JAG and the Jets look more and more like they're going to be a carnival sideshow again this year. But yeah, they have potential.
                            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha View Post
                              Thanks, Jaguar.

I'm pretty sure I had a few more QBs on my list than that, though...
                              That backup-QB-run in round 9 caught wind before you could get one.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Someone will claim Ryan Tannehill before it's all said and done.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X