Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football (not soccer damnit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With a 9-1 record and a playoff spot locked up, I am still looking to secure that first round bye and home field advantage. Here is this weeks special 3-part Weakly Question:

What two poor quality RBs?
    D.Thomas (Mia) vs Buf Playing second fiddle to R.Bush, but only by a little bit.
    R.Jennings (Jac) vs Hou 4th straight week as the starter, but going against a very good defense.
    S.Vereen (NE) vs Ind Could be a close one in Indy this week where game could be decided by running game; can Vereen do it even as RB2 on NE?
    J.Bell (Det) vs GB The good thing about Bell is he's the best RB option in Detroit. The bad thing about Bell is he's the best RB option in Detroit.

I still have MJD and D.Murray sitting on my bench. This has been a VERY frustrating year for RB for me. My opponent has Slim shady and Forte going, so I guess I'm leaning towards Rec yards rather than Rushing yards as I don't think I stand a chance in the Rushing yardage category.

I have maximized my average WRs this season due to your advice, so I'd like to continue that trend:
    M.Floyd (SD) vs Den P.Manning is having a great year which means SD is going to have to throw to keep up with Denver; however, Denver can shut down a WR1.
    L.Moore (NO) vs Oak Another throw-fest in the making. Is WR2 on NO a better option than WR1 on SD?

Finally, a Defense question. Yards allowed is the ONLY factor to consider.
    Pit vs Baltimore Pit is #1 in yards allowed. This is HUGE. Always play your studs, right?
    Was vs Phi A rookie late round QB playing behind a shaky O-line could be a good play also.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• thomas and bell, floyd and pit

but i suck, so...

Comment

• If you're going for receiving yards at RB, I would go with Bell and Vereen.

At WR, flip a coin. I'd probably go with Moore, mostly because SD has been a train wreck most weeks this season.

Defense/yardage I have to go with Pittsburgh.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• As Mia plays tonight I have to decide about D.Thomas soon... Looks like Buffalo is the 31nd ranked defense overall and the 32nd against the run. Not only that but Vereen hasn't caught more than one pass in a game. I guess I should have looked at these things before posting as Thomas looks to be a slam dunk (or at least a slam dunk when compared to this RB corp).
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Well, there you go. Good luck.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
              thomas and bell, floyd and pit

but i suck, so...
              +1
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                thomas and bell, floyd and pit

but i suck, so...
                I would go Moore over Floyd. I also suck but sometimes I am lucky :shrug:
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• tonight we're finding out a ****ty defense is better than a ****ty offense - and Thomas

I damn near had Tannenhill as my QB again, he killed me last week as a bye week fill in and I barely got him out of the line up tonight

ya, moore > floyd
                  Last edited by Berzerker; November 15, 2012, 23:09.

Comment

• Tannehill will be good. A rookie that's only played QB a couple of years will struggle, but he'll be good.
                    Last edited by SlowwHand; November 16, 2012, 01:28.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• He currently lacks both experience and weapons. Both fixable with time.

Comment

• Yeah, my slam dunk got me all of 33 yards. I really need Murray and MJD back...

Comment

• Here is my current team. Injuries and under performance have caused me to once again hit the FA market heavily.

QB T.Brady (NE) (Keeper)
                          RB J.Bell (Det) (FA)
                          RB D.Thomas (Mia) (FA)
                          WR D.Moore (Oak) (8th rd pick)
                          WR L.Moore (NO) (FA)
                          WR J.Jones (GD) (FA)
                          Def Pittsburgh (3rd rd pick)
                          K D.Akers (SF) (6th rd pick)

Bench
                          RB D.Murray (Dal) 1st rd pick out for last 4 weeks
                          RB M.Jones-Drew (Jac) 2nd rd pick out for last 6 weeks
                          WR M.Floyd (SD) 8th rd pick
                          WR K.Britt (Ten) FA
                          Def Washington FA (Looking to use during playoffs (wks 14-16) pending matchups)
                          RB S.Vereen (NE) FA
                          RB R.Jennings (Jac) FA

Comment

• i like the moores

Comment

• Was Jrabbit the only Fantasy team from Apolyton with Schaub on the bench? (Not that he needs the points but 81+ fantasy points in our league!!....from Jrabbit's bench! )
                              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Spaced is getting screwed in DST. His team did decent, but I have RG3 with 61.05 points and Andre Johnson with 77.05.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X