No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all the love Peyton Manning received this weekend -- and RG3, for that matter -- the Week 1 MVP has to be Tony Romo. What he managed to do with that offensive line, tossing touchdowns to Kevin Ogletree (of all people), on the road against the defending Super Bowl Champs, was inspiring.

Following a stunning road win over the New Orleans Saints, Robert Griffin III and his Washington Redskins shoot up Elliot Harrison's Power Rankings. Also, there's a brand new team at No. 1.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Particularly inspiring that he did it against the #4 or #5 CB for the Giants...

Also, Jay Cutler could have quite a conversation with Tony Romo about offensive lines. The conversation would be X rated, I'm fairly sure.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Everything is always worse for Chicago.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Seriously... Bears & Cubs fans on this site are like the old men who are like "you think you have it tough..."
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Oh, I think the Bears offense will be incredible this year. Just saying Romo's line could be worse
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              Seriously... Bears & Cubs fans on this site are like the old men who are like "you think you have it tough..."
              That's because most of us are old men and we know the youngsters here have it easy.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                Seriously... Bears & Cubs fans on this site are like the old men who are like "you think you have it tough..."
                And it's all entirely justified when talking about the Cubs.
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• I like the Thursday matchup. It's not a must win for the Bears, but it might be for the Packers. I know it's still way too early in the season but I think a loss hurts the Packers worse since they are already 0-1.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It will be a hole for the Packers, for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                      I like the Thursday matchup. It's not a must win for the Bears, but it might be for the Packers. I know it's still way too early in the season but I think a loss hurts the Packers worse since they are already 0-1.
                      And it would mean 0-2 at home.

Comment

• Yep, all the pressure is on the Pack. I like it.
                        I still won't bet against it but I am more optimistic.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          Everything is always worse for Chicago.
                          [Abe_Simpson_mode]
                          I remember when the Bears won it back in '63. That was real football, boy. Every drive was uphill, against the wind, and in the snow. The Bears ran it down your throat or threw it to Ditka, and on defense they just beat the crap out the quarterback until he gave them the ball. Those were the days... I'm telling you, they haven't played real football in the NFL since they let that pansy Namath boy beat the Colts.
                          [/Abe_Simpson_mode]

Attached Files
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Ditka

BTW, the Cowboys OL hadn't taken a single snap together until the Giants game. So byte me, snoopy.
                            Last edited by SlowwHand; September 12, 2012, 17:35.

Comment

• Saw this at ESPN:

A note from ESPN Stats & Information, displayed in the first chart [below], revived a point I've heard recently from a source I can't recall.

The point is that Bradford has never had a truly great statistical performance in two-plus seasons with the Rams.

The chart at right shows players with the fewest games featuring a Total QBR score of at least 70 out of 100, counting only games with at least 25 action plays for the quarterback. Bradford has the fewest.

Matthew Stafford and Alex Smith are on the list, but both have made strides. Smith's QBR was at 83.5 during the 49ers' victory over Green Bay in Week 1. Stafford tossed three picks and struggled, but he led the winning touchdown drive after Bradford had helped rally the Rams into the lead.
                              '08-12 Fewest Gms. 70+ QBR (min. 25 plays)
                              QB Games
                              Sam Bradford 2
                              Chad Henne 4
                              Matthew Stafford 8
                              Alex Smith 10
                              Carson Palmer 10
                              QBR is ESPN's proprietary QB rating. Interesting that Sam Bradford has had only 2 solid performances by their metric in 27 starts which is really bad.

I'm guessing it's because he's checkdown charlie and gets sacked a lot.

I'm disappointed the chart doesn't go further because it would be intriguing to see where other QB's stand and what the average is like. I'd be especially interested in how some much maligned QB's like Sanchez rate.
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• To answer your question, lower then Rex Grossman:
                                Visit ESPN to view NFL Total QBR for the current and previous seasons
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X