Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nm.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• There were reports he'd been working at FB.

ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Redskins have released tight end Chris Cooley.

The 30-year-old Cooley has spent his entire eight-season NFL career with Washington. He has 428 career receptions, including three seasons of at least 70.

Injuries limited him to five games and eight receptions last season. The Redskins plan to use Fred Davis as their starting tight end.

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan says parting with the two-time Pro Bowl selection was "as tough as it gets."
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I would guess his salary outweighs his versatility.
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• A few mild surprises in final cuts so far today:

Browns cut Seneca Wallace, keep Colt McCoy.
          Giants cut DJ Ware.
          Redskins cut injury-prone Tim Hightower.
          Eagles released safety O.J. Atogwe.
          Patriots released Deion Branch.
          Rams cut former #6 overall Vernon Gholston.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Name who you want, but I'll name Jason Witten as the most warrior of any football player I've known.
            Played his rookie season with a broken jaw, and now, he's asking to sign a medical waiver so that he can play tonight against NYG. Amazing.
            I hope they tell him he can't play.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• It's on tonight, Sloww.

Chris Simms played a game with a ruptured spleen. He didn't return that season, though.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• 2012 season: Here we go!
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• What is going on with Romo and delay of game penalties?
                  Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Looks to me like they've been slow getting him the plays.

Comment

• Giants cornerbacks are dropping like Bears safeties...

Giants CB Michael Coe exited Wednesday night's opener with a third-quarter hamstring injury.

The Giants simply cannot buy a break on cornerback injuries. Coe was filling in for Prince Amukamara, who had been filling in for Terrell Thomas.

Comment

• Even with all those penalties by Dallas, Giants couldn't pull out a win. Running game just not there today and they couldn't stop Ogeltree.

Comment

• Or DeMarco Murray -- 20 for 131.

Comment

• What now, Al?

Comment

• Ogletree had a good game, of course, but I think Dallas has a couple of other WR's that will make their presence known. Cole Beasley, for one. SMU grad that decided during training camp that maybe it wasn't for him, then a couple of days later wanted to come back and was welcomed. Little guy. Good slot.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                                Ogletree had a good game, of course, but I think Dallas has a couple of other WR's that will make their presence known. Cole Beasley, for one. SMU grad that decided during training camp that maybe it wasn't for him, then a couple of days later wanted to come back and was welcomed. Little guy. Good slot.
                                Ogletree had a great game because the Giants were on their 5th cornerback back by the end of the game. If they don't get healthy at that spot quickly, they are going to see a loot more 3 wide receiver sets in the next few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X