NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part of Andre Johnson's training routine:

Get power and explosiveness with the same off-season regimen that Houston Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson uses to get ready for game time.

These Men's Fitness specials always amuse me because the routine given there has 0 sprinting or conditioning. It's mentioned in the article that Andre Johnson does sprints and running in a sand pit but the routine makes no mention of it.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I don't care if it's preseason, I need my football fix.

Comment

• I got home late, saw my DirecTV started recording late (most likely because of storm) and then found out Bears didn't even play Cutler, Forte or Peppers. But good call considering the weather. But, I agree with HT, needed a football fix.

Comment

• Redskins are so lucky they have Griffin.

I know it's preseason but Grossman went 2/10 for 22 yards. Against the Buffalo Bills.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• SD RB Ryan Matthews out 4-6 weeks with a broken clavicle.

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
              SD RB Ryan Matthews out 4-6 weeks with a broken clavicle.

You were saying, Ben?

And he was being drafted 4th among RB's in many leagues. I knew that was BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                Top 10 RB's in Madden 13:

#1 Maurice Jones-Drew - 97 Overall
                #2 Adrian Peterson - 97 Overall
                #3 Arian Foster - 96 Overall
                #4 LeSean McCoy - 95 Overall
                #5 Ray Rice - 95 Overall
                #6 Matt Forte - 93 Overall
                #7 Frank Gore - 92 Overall
                #8 Steven Jackson - 92 Overall
                #9 Jamaal Charles - 91 Overall
                #10 Michael Turner - 91 Overall

Don't know where Chris Johnson is but how the mighty have fallen. Also Fred Jackson's taken a hit.

Pretty much crap. I hope this is what you're using as a guide.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

You were saying, Ben?

And he was being drafted 4th among RB's in many leagues. I knew that was BS.
                  Getting hurt doesn't make picks before the injury BS. It makes them unlucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    Pretty much crap. I hope this is what you're using as a guide.
                    You're drafting Ryan Matthews in the 1st round again, Sloww?

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                      Getting hurt doesn't make picks before the injury BS. It makes them unlucky.
                      He was not the 4th RB after Rice, McCoy, and Foster as everyone was thinking/drafting.

CBS's consensus:
                      1 Arian Foster HOU $36 (Bye 8)
                      2 Ray Rice BAL $35 (Bye 8)
                      3 LeSean McCoy PHI $34 (Bye 7)
                      4 Ryan Mathews SD $30 (Bye 7)

He was going 4th in many ADP charts I saw.

It was retarded. He shouldn't be going 4th.

Comment

• Eagles' backup Nike Foles looked really good. 6/10 for 144 yards and 2 touchdowns. Is he AJ Feeley 3.0 or Kevin Kolb 2.0?

Comment

• God, Ryan Matthews is like Shonn Greene all over again.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• at TO and Pete Carroll:

Comment

• Alby, I might very well take him in the first. It depends on what's happening. I realize he isn't Eli, but you know, I can't draft someone that has his dick in your mouth.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                                Alby, I might very well take him in the first. It depends on what's happening. I realize he isn't Eli, but you know, I can't draft someone that has his dick in your mouth.
                                Yes draft him in the first

You did the last time you picked last, if I recall.

Mightaswell handcuff him with Ronnie Brown, too

Comment

Working...
                                X