NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going out on a limb here,
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• What are you talking about? Those two picks are written in stone. After that, it gets interesting.

#3 Minnesota - Everyone thinks they need the USC left tackle, Kalil, but they may be leaning toward the CB Claiborne. Supposedly willing to trade down for extra early picks.

#4 Cleveland - seems committed to Alabama RB Trent Richardson, praying no one jumps up to #3 to steal him.

#5 Tampa Bay - If Minny takes Kahlil, they grab Claiborne and everyone is happy. If Claiborne is gone, they could do anything.

#6 St. Louis - They seem intent on getting a WR, probably Blackmon. Possible landing spot for Kalil if he slides.

The Jaguars are rumored to be trading up. The Cowboys make some kind of trade with their first-rounder about 75% of the time. New England and Philadelphia are heavily rumored to be targeting players with a thought of moving up. So it should be an interesting evening.

As for the Bears, they could go DE, DT, CB, OL or WR and I wouldn't complain. This is Phil Emery's honeymoon draft, so I'll be cutting him some slack. My guess? A defensive end to bookend Peppers.

I'll probably have my laptop open, but won't watch it on TV. It's just too painfully slow.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• It was a joke.

This is the draft where the majority of players will have been born in the 90's. Makes me feel so old So used to thinking of football stars as my elders or in my peer group. Now, they're kids to me.
        Last edited by Al B. Sure!; April 26, 2012, 15:51.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Just feel glad that they don't seem like grandkids to you, like some of us here.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            It was a joke.
            No one ever notices when you tell a joke.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I actually got that one. Rare
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Jim Brown described Trent Richardson as 'ordinary'
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Yeah, I got that one as well. As to the Vikings pick, it really wouldn't surprise me if they traded it and moved down. I heard TB is also interested in moving up so they will have lots of suitors. But it is the Vikings so they could screw it up again by somehow missing the deadline as in past years.

Comment

• ESPN just reported that Cleveland traded up to the #3 spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
                      Yeah, I got that one as well. As to the Vikings pick, it really wouldn't surprise me if they traded it and moved down. I heard TB is also interested in moving up so they will have lots of suitors. But it is the Vikings so they could screw it up again by somehow missing the deadline as in past years.
                      Couldn't be as bad as what the Bears did to the Ravens.

Comment

• Great trade for the Vikes -- picked up two additional picks for dropping from 3rd to 4th overall.

Guess the Browns don't think Richardson is "ordinary"...
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Crazy because the Vikings would not have drafted Richardson. They were really scared that Tampa or somebody would trade up and nab him before the #4 pick.

The Browns gave up their fourth-, fifth- and seventh-round picks (Nos. 118, 139, 211) this year, a source with knowledge of the situation told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora.

Comment

• Andrew Luck looks and sounds like an inbred hillbilly. He went to Stanford?

Comment

• This afternoon I counted 6 teams listed as in discussions with the Vikes. I figure at least 3 or 4 of them were looking at Richardson.

I think it's a bit silly to give up that many picks, but I'll give Cleveland full marks for deciding on their guy and going after him instead of seeing him snatched away.

Meanwhile, the trades keep rolling in... Out of the first 7 selections, every pick except Indy at #1 is a result of a trade.

Comment

• I was surprised they gave up that third pick to move up only the one spot. There are quite a few trades with teams moving up to get the guy they want to try and keep them away from other teams. I expect a few more trades before the night is done. I don't think the Bears will trade up but wouldn't be surprised if they move down slightly.

Comment

Working...
                                X