No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philly fans are the dregs of humanity.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
      Philly fans are the dregs of humanity.
      This is what local sports radio personality Angelo Cataldi has to say about McNabb:

"I don't like Donovan McNabb, because I always felt he was a phony," Cataldi told Joseph Santoliquito of CBSPhilly.com. "He's always been passive-aggressive, which doesn't resonate well with the fans of this city. That's my problem with him. He never connected to the fans in this town."

"They only wanted one thing from McNabb, a championship. Look at those great Flyers teams of the 1970s. They won championships and never had to buy another dinner in this town again. With all that talent, McNabb never delivered."
      Chunky soup is the only thing in the Eagle's trophy case.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Out of curiosity, has any other 1st round pick been booed when selected or does McNabb alone have that distinction?
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• IIRC, the Philly fans did this to others as well. He was not the first or the last to receive that treatment. I also believe other fans have done this but McNabb's seemed the most unwarranted, even at the time.

Comment

• Eagles fans and Jets fans both tend to boo their team's first-rounder.

As for McNabb being a "phony"... WTF does it have to do with anything? Michael Jordan was a phony. Walter Payton was a phony. Didn't stop them from "connecting" with the fan base. I daresay most major sports figures are pretty different in private compared with the media persona.
            Last edited by -Jrabbit; April 21, 2012, 23:08.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Brian Dawkins retires. He's probably a Hall of Famer.

Comment

• Now ESPN is reporting that Mickey Loomis, GM of New Orleans, had ability to eavesdrop on other teams coaches in Superdome. If this is true, this team is really trying to self-destruct.

The U.S. Attorney's Office in Louisiana was told Friday that New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis had an electronic device in his Superdome suite re-wired to enable him to eavesdrop on visiting coaching staffs for nearly three NFL seasons.

Comment

• It allegedly happened 2002-2004 (pre-Katrina) and not afterwards. Which puts Loomis beyond legal jeopardy.

"This is 1,000 percent false," Loomis told ESPN on Monday. "This is 1,000 percent inaccurate."
                  But if they were doing this, it's pretty much on par with Spygate in terms of pure cheating.
                  Last edited by -Jrabbit; April 23, 2012, 18:59.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• ESPN poll.

Which would be a bigger scandal for the Saints if both turn out to be true?

34%
                    Bounty on opposing players

66%
                    Alleged electronic listening devices used on visiting coaching staffs
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• "This is 1,000 percent false," Loomis told ESPN on Monday. "This is 1,000 percent inaccurate."

When someone uses percentages incorrectly I'm always suspicious of their statement.

Comment

• www.nfl.com poll. Naturally, I don't particularly agree.

Who's the best QB taken at No. 1 in the draft of all time?

19%
                        John Elway

49%
                        Peyton Manning

5%
                        Eli Manning

10%
                        Troy Aikman

16%
                        Terry Bradshaw
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• If the Cowboys can win the next 52 regular season games, they'll match the win total they had under Tom Landry (but will still have 8 more losses).
                          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Tom Landry

Comment

• Packers cut S Nick Collins, WR Jerome Simpson signs with the Vikings (and receives a 3 game suspension), and Eagles CB Asante Samuel will be traded to the Falcons for a late-round pick.

That trade could have some serious implications in the NFC if Samuel returns to his pro bowl form.
                              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; April 25, 2012, 13:01.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm happy to see the Falcons pick up Samuel for basically nothing.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X