NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    I don't think you need to say so much about Ming's attitude, given your own.
    What attitude do I have? Because I pick with you about the Cowgirls? That's my job.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
      I don't think you need to say so much about Ming's attitude, given your own.
      Yep... Alby likes to try to dish it out, and then whines when it comes back at him...
      Plus, he posts too many moronic things.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• John Abraham resigns with the Falcons:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Tim Tebow made the day -- probably the month -- of four-year-old leukemia sufferer Preston Winslow and his family Saturday.

The Denver Broncos quarterback met with little Preston at the D1 Experience, a fan event, even holding the brave boy's hand as the two walked onto the field.

Preston, who is suffering from acute myeloid leukemia, and his family traveled from Durham, North Carolina, for the opportunity to meet his favorite football hero.

Tebow was very obviously moved by the little boy's courage, several bystanders said.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Very cool.

Neither Dallas Clark nor Joseph Addai has signed elsewhere?
            Last edited by SlowwHand; March 16, 2012, 16:15.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Charlie Whitehurst is back as a Charger:

The San Diego Chargers have benefited from Charlie Whitehurst and now they are bringing him back.
              The Chargers basically moved up in the 2nd round and got a 3rd rounder just to loan him out for two years.

Comment

• Aaaannd... Billy Volek is released. That didn't take long.

Also -- LB Kam Wimbley is now officially on the market, a cap casualty in Oakland.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The shoe finally dropped, and Brandon Lloyd is a Pat.

Previewing next year's 2TE/3WR morphing set:
                  Lloyd
                  Welker*
                  Gronk
                  Hernandez
                  Anthony Gonzalez (until he's hurt, then probably Branch? Edelman? Amendola, who would be really interesting?)
                  Vereen or Woodhead when the RB is in.

Still want to get BJGE or Michael Bush to supplement the 2 young RBs they took last year, both of whom seemed decent to good in spot duty. Need a center and possibly a guard, but those are mostly depth concerns. Otherwise, NE's offense seems loaded for bear long before the draft. Defense...I guess that's what the draft picks are for.

*Assuming they don't trade him, which some people keep putting forward as a possibility but I don't see happening.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• A few Saturday signings:

1. Redskins re-signed QB Rex Grossman to a one-year contract.
                    Grossman's preference was to return to Washington throughout free agency, and it's doubtful any teams would have been willing to give him a contract. He'll serve in valuable role as veteran backup and mentor to projected No. 2 overall pick Robert Griffin III.
                    2. New England has, as expected, signed Brandon Lloyd. Less expected, they also took a flier on the oft-injured Anthony Gonzalez.

3. KC Chiefs signed Brady Quinn. Detroit re-signed Shaun Hill. I know, very meh...
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Grossman mentoring RG3...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        New England has, as expected, signed Brandon Lloyd.
                        They must have had a coupon. 3 years, $12m apparently.
                        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• So no Ochocinco next year?

Comment

• Possible because he restructured his contract, but I'm guessing he's a camp cut. Maybe he'll figure things out with a full offseason, but if he couldn't do it all last year then I don't see how.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                              They must have had a coupon. 3 years, $12m apparently.
                              It's the Josh McDaniels' discount. You notice Lloyd has been followed McDaniels to St. Louis and now to NE?

Comment

• Oh, I know why, but when NE paid $6m for Ocho last year and this year you see guys like Meachem getting $6.5m/yr or even Reggie Wayne's dessicated corpse at just under $6m/yr, that seems like more than just a minor discount. They paid for Lloyd about what Eddie Royal got. $4m/yr for a guy that led the league in receiving with Orton throwing to him two years ago?

Comment

Working...
                                X