NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    2010 Bears were the 30th ranked offense and 9th ranked defense, by yards, by the way.
    Alby, the 2010 Bears defense and special teams scored/created a LOT of points and short fields. FWIW, I would suggest that yardage is just about the worst metric you could choose to describe that team.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      Alby, the 2010 Bears defense and special teams scored/created a LOT of points and short fields. FWIW, I would suggest that yardage is just about the worst metric you could choose to describe that team.
      It was an addition to my other point that they had an especially easy schedule, including in the playoffs.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• The defense of the Bears hasn't been, isn't and probably never will be the problem. As always, they have a serviceable RB. The QB doesn't suck.
        Kids, think about it. As I said, and was concurred with by a Bears fan, they need to address the OL, number 1, period.
        They could sign Johnson from the Lions and whomever else as 2nd and 3rd WRs and it won't matter if Cutler is gazing at the sky, flat on his back.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I don't think anyone disagrees with that, Sloww. Most of the Chicago contingent here has been harping on it for years. Eliminating the Martz offense should help quite a bit. But yeah, a real left tackle would be nice. Hell, as far as I'm concerned, they could spent their top 5 picks on O-linemen.

Fun fact: Despite his good pocket awareness and reasonable escapability, Cutler is still the most-sacked QB in the league since coming to Chicago.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Actually, you're the Bears fan I was referencing. Your fun fact illustrates the point to perfection.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

It was an addition to my other point that they had an especially easy schedule, including in the playoffs.
              Having an easy schedule does not make a team bad. The Saints had an easy playoff schedule and lost to Seattle.

The bottom line is that Chicago was within 7 pts of taking down Green Bay and going to the Super Bowl, and that was with Cutler hurt and Caleb Hanie at the helm.

So now I'm forced to suggest that both your points were flawed.

Comment

I don't think anyone disagrees with that, Sloww. Most of the Chicago contingent here has been harping on it for years. Eliminating the Martz offense should help quite a bit. But yeah, a real left tackle would be nice. Hell, as far as I'm concerned, they could spent their top 5 picks on O-linemen.

Fun fact: Despite his good pocket awareness and reasonable escapability, Cutler is still the most-sacked QB in the league since coming to Chicago.
                Another fun fact: Cutler was sacked more times in 2010's 15 games (52 times) than in all 3 years (37 games!) in Denver (51 sacks over 3 years)
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Your prejudice against me is getting old and only makes you look like a jackass.
                  Well... maybe if you didn't keep saying moronic things people wouldn't call you a moron.
                  And it's not prejudice... ask just about anybody here who reads your posts, and they will pretty much say the exact same thing.

Have a nice day you moronic jackass.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                    Well... maybe if you didn't keep saying moronic things people wouldn't call you a moron.
                    And it's not prejudice... ask just about anybody here who reads your posts, and they will pretty much say the exact same thing.

Have a nice day you moronic jackass.
                    I will not be bullied off the site.

Eddie Royal signed with the Chargers.

Comment

Better watch out. This is Chicago Bears Civilization Site and the orange and blue kool-aid is flowing.
                      Unfortunately... truth.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I have no problem with Alby. I just happen to disagree with some of his posts.

Comment

I will not be bullied off the site.
                          You attack people and whine like a stuck pig when they fight back. Deal with it.

And the simple fact is, you post moronic stuff. And if you keep doing so, don't be surprised when you get called on it.
                          And if you act like an ass, you will be treated like one.

Have a great day.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have no problem with Alby. I just happen to disagree with some of his posts.
                            Indeed. You tend to be civil about it as well.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              Indeed. You tend to be civil about it as well.
                              Yeah Ming is just a bully. I hope he'll realize at some point that his tirades against me for daring to commit the heresy of saying the 2010 Bears were more lucky than good (gasp!) are just making him look like a jerk.

Comment

• I don't think you need to say so much about Ming's attitude, given your own.

Comment

Working...
                                X